My old faithful!! I love my Canada bucket hat. It fits perfect on my head - not too tight and it's so comfortable. Not a big fashion hit though (unless it happens to be Canada Day!!). The upside is it does provide a lot of coverage (full head and ears!!). This is important now that I'm a little sun sensitive!
From Matt's Aunt Mary I received this super cool bejeweled hat! It's pretty comfortable and has some pretty cool studs that make me look pretty hip. ha ha
Thank you to Aunt Mary for understanding early that I would need a hat in my future!!
Matt's Mom Beth went shopping for some hats for me and I picked out this one from the selection. It has a little newspaper boy look to it and I love the cute button on the side.
I'm not sure about my facial expression in this picture - I blame it on my fashion photographer who was coaching me on the look that should go with each hat...
Thanks to Kelly for this beautiful scarf! It has so many colours in it, I think it'll go with pretty much everything I own!! I'm a complete novice at tying a scarf and I know there are tons of tricks I will learn...
I bought myself this tam at The Bay. I thought it was pretty fun and although it is knit it is not too heavy or hot. However, upon looking at this photo Matt took yesterday, I think it makes me look like Jack Nicholson. This is what happens when Matt tells me to look French...
Matt found a great selection of hats at Winners. He bought this first one for me all by himself. I've already gotten quite a bit of wear out of it. It's good to have some colour choices so we went back to Winners yesterday and bought a few more...
Another super fun hat. This one is hanging on the banister in case the door bell rings and I need to grab something quick to put on my head. This hasn't become a necessity yet (to cover my head before answering the door), but if it's someone I don't know, I like the idea of not shocking them with the bald spots!
I couldn't pass up this fedora type hat. I love everything about it. I can wear it back on my head or over my eyes...and I love the ribbon that wraps around it. It fits loosely which means it's pretty comfortable too!
This is my fancy hat!! I kind of like the flapper style and it has these great shiny black buttons along the side! I figure if/when I feel like going out, I can dress up a little bit with this hat!
I have always liked a good hat, and it's been fun to try on some very different styles and just go with it - a little outside my comfort zone in some instances!!
Besides, I figure you can never have too many hats!!
Thanks to my fashion photographer, Matt, for taking all the photos!! Anybody have a favourite??!!
On Tuesday my friend Kelly is coming with me to the GRRCC for a "Look Good, Feel Good" class. I'm expecting to learn more about head coverings, new ways to tie a scarf around my head and some make up tricks (for when my eyebrows and eyelashes fall out). I think there might be a basket of goodies we get to take home with us that day! I'm looking forward to it and we'll try to take pictures so we can share the experience with all of you!
I continue to feel good this time around. Eating is going well and my energy level is pretty good. I was up pretty early this morning (thus the early post), so I'm thinking a nap might be in order a little later!!
So far it's a rainy long weekend in K-W...hope the sun decides to make an appearance today!!
xoxoxoxoxxo
14 comments:
Loved this post. I think all the hats look good on you - minus some of the expressions that go with them :) I laughed a lot at the Jack Nicholson comment.
I don't know which one is my favourite!
Have fun at your class, you'll have to let us know what goodies you get!
Sue-you are awesome. I love the hats. I am so glad that you are feeling up to having some fun. You are inspiring.
Loving the hats Sue! You are definitely rocking each and every one of them!! Oh, and that scarf is beautiful!!! xx
Love the flapper, the plaid and the newsboy hat. And the scarf is really pretty too.
Of course, it doesn't matter what you put on your head, it's your smile and your personality that make you beautiful!
I love them all!!!!
You are so lucky that you look great in hats.
I laughed out loud at the Nicholson comment.
Craig has some of his own comments...but I'll let him post them himself.
So pleased things are going better this time around.
38% done....before you know it, your hair will start growing back.
Hugs
Jodi
I LOVE the scarf and the fact that you look great wearing it. I like the hat you leave on the bannister and the blue jewelled one. Makes me want to go out and buy a hat myself...or a scarf! xo
I love them!!! :) You look awesome in all them! Including the trusty bucket hat ;)
Love Love Love the Fedora - it's super cool! can't wait for Look Good Feel Good tomorrow Sue - should be fun!!
Love
Kelly
Elaine said...
You look amazing in every one of those hats. I love the scarf...it is beautiful.
You are definitely an inspiration Sue.
Hey friend!!
Love the hats!!! my favourites are the one from Aunt Mary and the funky coloured scarf.
Linda thinks whoever sends you a hat should have a photo taken of you in it for all to see and put here on the blog.
Like the Dr. Seuss book "the many hats of ....."
Glad you are feeling good, you are looking good too!!
xoxoxoxo
Patti
Sue you are a hat Diva !! I love it you look great !
Big Hugs !
From my Mom:
My favourite is the fedora, it reminds me of your Papa, he loved to wear them. He would be so proud of you and the battle you are fighting.
Hats, gotta love hats!! I love the expressions on your face, and I'm glad you are smiling!! I like the scarf and the "Aunt Mary" hat the best.
Thank you for writing the blog to update us on your progress as well, I hope it is therapeutic for you.
Love them all. I particularly like the 'fancy hat'. I agree with your comment on being able to dress it up. Make sure Matt takes you out somewhere nice so you can wear it 'dressed up'.
Post a Comment