Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Feeling Groovy...

Good Morning Saturday!!

It's been a few days...I've been a little tired...but today I feel ready to do something! I know it's early, but so far I feel like I might have some energy!! Oohh...what to do with that???!!

It has been a good week. I've had a couple of really nice visits, I had a GREAT workout at fitness on Thursday and hockey season has officially begun!!

My friends Mary and Kim came to see me (with ice cream in hand - who doesn't like a friend who shows up with ice cream???!!). I haven't seen Mary in a long while and it was great to catch up!! Thanks for the beauty candle gift set, Mary. I love the pulsing heart!!

On Thursday when I went to fitness, they told me I was going too hard. Can you believe that? I never ever go too hard. I was just in such a great mood when I started fitness that I went for it. It felt great. Maybe there is something to that whole endorphin thing after all!!

I was VERY happy to have my friend Karen pick me up on Thursday afternoon and take me for a drive by her new house! I can't wait to see inside!! I'm very excited for her and Larry and since the new house is in Wellesley will definitely be showing up next year for the Apple Butter and Cheese Festival!! The Festival, by the way is this weekend, for any of you who may be looking for something to do!!

A big thank you to Matt's cousin Ardythe, who made me a beautiful hand-painted silk scarf with daisies on it! I'm so happy you came by for a visit yesterday, Ardythe. And I love my new scarf!! And the bookmark too! I love Ardythe's work and am inspired by her talent!!

Matt came home yesterday with a basket of spices from my friends Jim & Bente. They sent me spices that are known to be cancer fighting (pepper, oregano, rosemary, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and garlic), with instructions for Matt to get cooking for me. I love it!! Of course, Matt has being doing loads of cooking for me, I just figure the extra encouragement can't hurt!!

Yesterday was the Kitchener Rangers season opener. No, sadly, I did not go to the game. I've decided I will avoid the Aud until my immune system is actually in existence again. I did, however, watch most of the game at home and am VERY happy to report that the Rangers beat the Saginaw Spirit (5-3). Not only did the Ranger season begin last night, but Alex started up his hockey last night too...yes, we live in a GREAT country that can't get enough hockey - it's not even October yet!!

I did open another gift from my big bag of gifts from Jim & Donna and have been munching on Jelly Bellys for the last couple of days. I think the cinnamon ones are my favourites, or maybe the popcorn...no the cherry...ok, I love most of them. For the black ones (that I'm not so found of) I'm grateful my good friend Alex is happy to help me out!!

Well...I'm sort of excited to see what today might bring. It's kind of cool to feel some energy coursing through my veins...especially after a week of being on the tired side!!

Happy Weekend Friends!!

xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

1 comment:

Dave Langdon said...

See you tomorrow Birthday Girl!