Yep...got the thumbs up for my treatment today. Great news...still on schedule!!
More good news...the tumour has shrunk some more!! My oncologist is very happy with my progress and thinks I'm doing awesome. Me too! My blood work is good and I was pretty excited that the tumour has shrunk some more, and even more so this time than last time. It looks like this darn chemo is doing it's job. Keep your fingers crossed that it's knocking off any cancer cells that have left the boob thinking they're setting up camp somewhere else. We'll have none of that!
I asked my oncologist about the next four treatments. They change up my chemo drug after my treatment today for the next four. I was wondering if that means we start over with figuring out the anti-nausea drugs. It turns out, this second drug does not typically cause the same side effects (ie. nausea) so I will be able to cut back on some of the drugs I'm on now. The downside to the new drug...it'll take twice as long to administer as the drugs I'm on now. Total bummer. I think we should hire some entertainment to come into the Cancer Centre and amuse me ... maybe a little Great Big Sea???
My sister is here! I'm so happy to see her and it's great she is able to come and be with me so Matt can meet a work obligation. Someone other than Matt taking me to chemo will be a new experience for me (and my sister)...I'm sure it will all go smoothly! We'll update you later with a picture!
My friend Colleen came by earlier this week and brought me some more new hats! She added her own little touch by sewing some daisy buttons on the hats to mark them as mine!! Thanks Colleen!! And thanks for the other little goodies that you brought with you too!
Sending big thanks to Bill & Karen for the humongous basket of goodies that Bill brought to me this week. Holy cow! I'm good to go for a while ... lots of great snacks, some soup, fruit...thank you so much!!
I had some beauty flowers arrive yesterday from Barb & Greg. They brightened my whole day. Thanks for thinking of me!!
And last night we had a nice visit from Bob & Ruth Anne. They brought me the softest pillow and blanked ever! Oh...and a soft wee eye patch in case I want to shut out the world! Ruth Anne made some yummy peach flan and chocolate mousse...I'm so spoiled! Thank you both for a lovely visit!
Big shout out to Olivia today - Happy 8th Birthday you beautiful girl!!
My chemo today is actually this afternoon...first time I've had it after lunch. I'll try to update the blog after treatment and let you know how I'm doing. However...realistically it could be tomorrow before I get back on here...
Welcoming all positive thoughts and energies today...so excited to be at the half way marker!!
xoxoxoxxoxox
5 comments:
You are so cool Sue. I mean it. xoxo
Thinking about you today and hoping all goes well. Great news about the tumour shrinking.Take good care.
Such good news about that ole tumour shrinking!!! You are kicking its ass!!!!
I am thinking about ya this afternoon and sending big hugs and wishes for a smooth recovery after the 4th go round!!
Fantastic news about the tumor shrinking...you have said right from the beginning that it is not going to win...
Thanks for the shout out for Olivia...we put her birthday on the local radio station and she was thrilled.
Love and miss you tons...Moebee
From my Mom :)
Just wanted to let you know how proud I am and how happy to hear the tumour has continued to shrink....wow....that is great news.
Post a Comment