Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Down and Out!!

Bad news...I have the flu. I have had a scratchy throat for a couple of days and I've been wondering if it was the white blood cells recreating themselves...OK...hoping it was the white blood cells rapidly dividing and recreating themselves...

I was wrong. I am just plain sick. I have a sore throat, a headache and I've been sick to my stomach...and it sucks! The oncologist confirmed for me today that this means no chemo this week. Everything gets rescheduled to next week...

I did do my blood work up today and it was all good! So this means my immune system should be in a good position to fight this stupid flu. And I'm preferring to look at this from the perspective that maybe my body needs an extra week to get ready for the next round of chemo.

And in the meantime, I'll drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed...this means my treatment is now going to take longer and my surgery will be pushed out, running dangerously close to Christmas. But it is what it is...and we just move forward from here. I figure a little flu isn't going to deter my journey for long! I have cancer to eradicate...flu is nothing!!

xoxoxoxoxo

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you home? I can bring over a pot of chicken soup and leave it on your stoop :) Get well VERY soon. let me know if you need anything

Kelly said...

Ah that sucks!
At least it didn't get you on your birthday!!!

I hope it's a quick little flu and you are feeling better soon.

Leanne said...

get plenty of rest...feel better soon xo

Michelle said...

Urgh Sue, I am sorry to hear that you are sick. Take good care. I hope that it passes quickly.

Tracey said...

You are awesome Sue!! This flu is just one small battle in the bigger war. Sending you get well vibes. Hope you feel better soon!! xx

Unknown said...

I am truly sorry to hear that you got the flu! I am not feeling well either, but I am sending you all the good, healthy vibes I have in me your way.

Thinking of you always,

Barb

Sandy said...

Lots of love coming from Crownhill.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Would you be able to take something like Cold FX ?? Just wondered since it boosts the immune system ??
I take it when i think i am getting something and often i don't get it then, or it is over much faster.

Mindy said...

Your attitude never ceases to amaze me! Feel better soon! Big thumbs down to those stupid flu germs!! Leave Sue alone, she's busy!!