Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Feeling Good!!

So, yesterday was Chemo Treatment #3 and today I'm feeling really good. I was nervous and grumpy about going yesterday...but it was fine. In fact, they decided to inject my 2nd chemo drug a little slower this time to try and prevent the headache and it worked!! I only had a small headache last night and even managed to eat a little bit at dinner time!! Yeah me!!

This morning I went to Well Fit and even increased my repetitions a bit and my weight on one of the exercises...and I was challenged by my trainer to go from my knees to my toes when doing the plank. It was so much harder and I have a long way to go...but I did it!!

Today the nurse came to the house to give me my Neulasta Injection. She comes the day after each chemo treatment. Neulasta is a white cell booster that helps my body produce more white blood cells to reduce my risk of infection. Sometimes I can feel it working in my bones - they get a little achy.



Matt took a picture so you could check out my hair loss so far. Still have some hair on my head...not sure how that's possible with the amount we clean out of the tub every day and off my pillows!! It's incredible how much hair you really have on your head!!

A few thanks I want to share - to Bette & Jenna for the cool new books you dropped off for me and to George & Pam for the gift certificate to buy more! I'm so spoiled!

I also want to send out some loving to my cousins who had to say goodbye to their beautiful puppy TJ. I'm thinking about you guys and know you will be missing him like crazy!! Much love and hugs from Waterloo!!

Sending good luck vibes to my nieces Emma & Olivia who are gearing up for the fiddle contest tomorrow. I know you girls will make us proud. Smile and enjoy it!! And somebody take pictures for me!!

Well...it's nap time for me. Happy safe and long weekend to everyone.

With lots of love always!!

xoxoxoxoxxox

6 comments:

Tracey said...

I am loving that you have such a big fabulous smile on your face Sue! Hair or no hair you look awesome!! xx

Mindy said...

Ditto what Tracey said... you are so courageous!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sue, I enjoy reading your updates so much and I love your upbeat spirit pouring out of you even on the days when it must be tough. I'm positive that your wonderful perspective is doing wonders for your health and well being. You go girlfriend :) It's great for all of us that are following your progress to know that you are in good hands and that you are surrounded by family and friends. Mark, Avery, Ian and I send you loads of love and strength. Keep well. Hi to Matt too. xo

Mo said...

Love that smile! Your attitude inspires me!!! I'll keep on praying for you as you continue this journey! XO

Grace said...

Hey Sue-B,
Thanks for the updates. Think of you often, and hope to see you soon (I have to check out the new TV!). I've heard that attitude is everything when dealing with illness and you've always had a positive one, so it must be helping!
Sending you loads of good thoughts and virtual hugs (till the real ones). Love ya!

jenn said...

I was so happy when I got your email finding out that round 3 had gone even better then 2! Yeah baby! Sending love light and prayers still xoxox