What a GREAT birthday!! I have had a really great day! Not only did I get a visit from Dad, Dave & Nancy - which was awesome - I have also received more emails and text messages than I can count, the phone has rung off the hook and I have received a huge abundance of posts on my wall on Facebook. And my amazing man made me an amazing dinner (more details on that to follow)...
What says a birthday better than a big bouquet of balloons??!! Big thanks to Luke & family for the balloon bouquet they sent to me today. I love balloons and think it's awesome that I actually got two bunches of them today!! You are never too old to enjoy balloons!!
I also want to give a shout out to my nephew Luke, who is doing the Terry Fox run on Thursday at school. I asked him if he knew what the run was for. And he said "Yes, it's for cancer. I'm running for you Auntie Sue!". Yep...got me with that one!!
Matt totally understands how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE my birthday. Of course, I start warning him weeks in advance...and I have to give him credit because he totally comes through for me!!!
For dinner we had Roasted Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin with Cherry Sauce, Grilled Asparagus and Rice. It was so yummy!!
I know the picture doesn't do it justice...suffice it to say my man can cook and I'm one very lucky girl!!
For dessert we had Angel Food Cake with Caramelised Peaches and fresh Whip Cream. It was delish!
And of course, keeping with the birthday theme, I had a candle in my dessert and Matt sang Happy Birthday to me! See, I told you he does a great job of indulging me!!
And no...I didn't eat the whole thing...
My friend Kim sent me my horoscope from the Globe & Mail today. I thought it was pretty good and wanted to share it with all of you:
Your physical energy may be low at the moment but that will change as the new solar year progresses and soon you will be looking for new physical and creative outlets for all that inner power that is building up. Aim for excellence in all things you do.
For my Facebook friends, I wanted to let you know that I've been trying to keep the whole cancer thing off Facebook...mostly because I can't really control what other's write about it on Facebook and I'm determined that this will be a positive journey. So, if you happened to write me a birthday message today that referenced the cancer journey I'm on, please do not be offended if I deleted it. I'm grateful to have you on this journey with me and sure appreciate the loving and support you are sending my way!!
Well...my day is coming to an end...I think it's time to start planning next year's festivities!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
2 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful day... you deserve it.
We are so glad you had a great day yesterday!! Dinner looked delicious and I can hardly wait for a repeat performance on my birthday (hint, hint to Matt...you are totally awesome). Were there actually peaches under all that whipped cream? The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been chocolate drizzled on top. OK...maybe perfect for me.
Love you, Sandy
Post a Comment