Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Love My Sister!!!

My chemo treatment yesterday went pretty good! The nurse had a little trouble finding a good vein and had to call on the IV specialist to help her out...she switched arms and found a spot in my right arm...after doing a little wiggling around, she was in!! The good news is, it only took one poke...even if it was a BIG poke!

My sister was on duty this week. She arrived in Waterloo (from Barrie) on Wednesday night since Matt was leaving early Thursday morning. We had a fantastic visit and I'm so grateful she could come and be with me! She got a little giggle when I just crashed while getting chemo - those anti-nausea drugs make me a little sleepy!

We took a picture to show off my bald head at the request of another sister, Maureen. Sandy is pretty sure my niece Sydney has more hair than me!!



I felt really good last night after chemo. Just tired and a wee headache. I even ate some dinner. I went to fitness yesterday morning since my chemo was in the afternoon and I can't help but wonder if that oxygen flowing through my blood from the exercise helped with the treatment!! I am doing great at fitness - they are even increasing my weights next week. They took my blood pressure while I was on the bike and determined that I am good to go when my heart rate is higher than they had first suggested! This is good news for me! It means I can go a little harder!

It's been a good couple of days. I'm tired tonight but happy to report no nausea(love those good drugs). And I have to admit it was good to see my man come home!!

Happy Weekend Friends!!

xoxoxoxox

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Love this picture Sue!! You are looking fabulous!!