I got the best phone call yesterday from my nephew Luke. He called to tell me he was happy that my fourth chemo treatment went well!! I was glad he called because I wanted to thank him for sharing his Mom with me this week. Hope you had a great time at the cottage, Luke...did you go swimming in the river or was it too cold???!!!
Yesterday my friend Jodi came over and we watched the second half of the first season of Glee. We are now ready for the season premiere this week. I am surprised to admit how much I like this show. They have a lot to live up to after a great first season...I'm excited!!
While Jodi and I were watching Glee...Matt was at the MX track and took a spill! Turns out it hurts when your dirt bike lands on your foot! He's a little sore today and moving even slower than me!! That means I get to help him out a bit...nice for me after being waited on so much by him. We got him some massage therapy today (big thank you to Tammy!!) and he is feeling better and more limber. Lots of ice and rest and enjoyment of the 50 inch seem to be helping too!!
We went to a 50th birthday party last night for our neighbour Matt. I didn't stay too long...started to fade and needed to come home. I continue to struggle with not hugging everyone. I love to give and get a good hug so it's tough for me to decline one!! It's just too dangerous with no immune system...you just never know.
I'm feeling really good today. A little bit tired, but good. I had big aspirations of things I thought I'd get done today...not so much. Hopefully tomorrow. I've even made a list. We did enjoy some time on the front porch this morning. It was so beautiful and warm...I ate my breakfast out there and enjoyed the sunshine on my face!
We have homemade butternut squash soup on the stove and homemade banana bread cooking in the oven...it smells amazing in this house and I'm excited for dinner!!
Thanks to Peggy & Nikki for the beautiful flowers ... and you're very welcome!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Shout out to my buddy Chris M who is celebrating his birthday today! Hope you had a great time at the fair!!
xoxoxxoxoxoxo
2 comments:
Mmmm. I made a butternut squash soup last year! I forgot all about that until reading your post.
I love Glee too and can't wait for the season to start!
Hi Auntie Sue
We did not go swimming. Mom said it was too cold. Your hair doo surprised me....I said WOW!
I love you. Hope to see you soon.
Love Luke
Post a Comment