Yep...we have a date for surgery!
Yesterday I went to see Dr. Judges and booked my surgery for Tuesday, December 21st. We also confirmed I will be having a full mastectomy done.
I'm very happy with this date...it's the earliest date after chemo is finished and it means I don't have to wait until the new year (an extra two weeks) to get this cancer out!
I figure it also gives me tons of time to get all the Christmas shopping, wrapping, decorating and any other preparations done before hand. It'll be a quiet, low-key, stay put kind of Christmas and since Matt and the kids are fine with that, I'm a happy girl!!
I'm also happy with the decision to do a full mastectomy. Seems strange to be happy about losing a boob...so let me explain...if we keep in mind how large the tumour was when we started chemo, we know that there is a good sized risk of the cancer returning if we don't take it all. It would totally suck if we did a partial mastectomy and left some cancer cells behind. Obviously I'm not planning on going through this ordeal again...so I'm totally ok with letting her go! I am a little worried that I might topple over since I'll be unbalanced for a while!! If you see me leaning to the right, just give me a little push to right me!!
I got a phone call from an old friend I haven't talked to in ages last night and it was great to hear her voice!! Thanks for calling Patti Jo! I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!
Got to run...busy day today...fitness, then lab work and then we go to see Dr. Califaretti for the thumbs up for the last chemo treatment on Thursday!!
It's a good day!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox
2 comments:
You are amazing Sue!! Your attitude astounds me! All the best to you of course for your surgery. Sending you positive vibes for it. I think it awesome that it will be done and you can start the new year fresh!! Hugs to you!!
love to you! .....boobs are overrated. xo
Post a Comment