So, today I went to Guelph General Hospital for a Breast MRI. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous...just a little bit...
It turns out, it was a piece of cake! My appointment was at 4:55 pm,and by 5:05 I was getting my IV inserted and ready to go. You have to have an IV so they can inject some die to help with the images.
I had to lie face down on a "bed" that would move forward and be inside the MRI machine. My face was in one of those donut shaped pillows (like what they use when you have a massage) and both breasts dropped down into two holes that are in the bed. There are cup-type holders in these holes that my breasts went into. My arms were above my head. In one arm was the IV. In the other hand was the panic button. I wore a hospital gown that was open at the front. They told me it was going to be noisy, and so they gave me ear plugs.
I'm going to guess that lying face down is much easier than lying on your back. There is nothing to look at, so I just closed my eyes and went with it. You have to lie very very still. The worst part for me was the noise. It was, in fact, very noisy!! The damn thing knocks and bangs and humms and rings and makes more noises than you could even begin to imagine. I don't know what it would have been like without the ear plugs!!
They took some pictures and just when I thought they must be close to being done, they told me they were now going to inject the die and take some more pictures. I started counting in my head. Nothing in particular, just counting. It seemed to help pass the time.
We were all done and walking out the door by 5:45 pm. I thought that was pretty darn good!! Not much waiting around today. I do want to mention how friendly everyone was at Guelph General Hospital. I seriously have lucked out with all the lovely people who have had to deal with me throughout this journey!!
Not much else going on with me these days. Things are good and just moseying along. Boring...but so much better than the alternative!
I was so very proud to take a few minutes today to be reflective and feel gratitude for those who have fought and continue to fight so that we may be free. Lest we forget.
xoxoxoxxoxo
1 comment:
Glad the MRI was fast and relatively painless! When do you get the results??
We missed you at glass on Wed but figured you might be tired from your mom's visit.
Big hugs my friend!!
Post a Comment