Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Friday, November 19, 2010

1st Period Over...

Using Matt's analogy, the first period of my treatment plan is over and I'm now enjoying intermission until the second period (i.e. surgery) begins!! Great to put this into hockey terms!!

So, I can't begin to tell you how great it feels to have Treatment #8 completed and know that I don't have to go back for anymore chemo. I did have another reaction yesterday to the drug, which means they had to stop it, give me some oxygen and a little hydro cortisone, wait half an hour and start the drug (slower) again. It was totally fine and I didn't react as badly as I had the first time I got the Taxol. It was just a brief interlude and we were off again. It did mean my chemo took longer than I had hoped (just dragging out that last treatment as long as I could...). So I closed the place down. Yep, pretty much walked out of an empty Cancer Centre last night, lights dimmed and everything. Somehow that felt right to me. Bye Bye chemo!!

As promised we took some photos once chemo was all done...


Here's my happy dance as we were leaving the Chemo Suite!! Thumbs up and doing a jig!! Do you think my smile could get any bigger???!!!



They presented me with a certificate when I finally finished my chemo yesterday. I graduated!! All the chemo nurses signed it for me!! Each time I went, I pretty much had a different primary nurse, but since they work with buddies, I got to know a few of the nurses and they were teasing me yesterday when I had a reaction that I was just causing trouble and wanted to go out with a Bang!!




When we finally got home, my boys Matt & Alex, had a cake for me with supper! Isn't it beautiful? It's a chocolate chocolate cake and it was so moist and yummy!! I've said it many times before but I'm so lucky to have such wonderful nursing care, not only at the GRRCC but also at home!!




Just wanted to provide you with a side view so you could see how tall this beautiful cake is!! I can't wait to have a piece today...breakfast anyone??

I know that many of sent me love, prayers, positive energy and light yesterday. Thank you so much! I took it with me and it definitely helped!! I am so glad to be done this first part of my treatment plan. Now it's time to recover from chemo and get strong for surgery on December 21st. Taking a breather until the whistle blows for the 2nd period!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

3 comments:

Leanne said...

YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! i am sooooo happy for you to be done with that....but also grateful for the terrific job it did. way to go chemo!!
ok, so after you've enjoyed a slice (or 2) of that wonderful cake....be good to yourself. really good. put a bunch of green in you and try to stay away from SUGAR. remember:cancer loves sugar, and we hate cancer...
and stay away from the malls...germ party going on there!
big hug to you!

Sue said...

From my Mom:

I wish I could have a piece of your cake.....believe me I would definitely be having a small piece, taking the chance, just to be part of the celebration. I am so proud of you and the first period over and out in front 1-0. You are an inspiration to all your family and friends and we are all so very proud of you. As your MoM, I especially know how very brave you are and the challenges you have overcome and the ones still ahead. Keep that beautiful smile going, and thanks Matt, Alex, and Lauren for all your support.

Kelly said...

Hoooray!! So glad for you that you've completed all the chemo treatments.
That cake looks scrumptious!!