Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Spoiled Rotten!!!

I found out on Friday that I wasn't the only one who was excited my chemo treatments were done! I am grateful for all the emails, text messages, phone calls and blog comments!! I'm so lucky to have such a fantastic (and huge) support network!!

I am also spoiled rotten. As my day progressed on Friday...the doorbell rang...and rang...and rang...


These happy face flowers were actually delivered on Thursday while I was at chemo...so they were waiting for me when I got home Thursday night.

They are from our neighbours, George & Pam and Sherry & Chris. I am so happy that we live on such a wonderful street filled with wonderful people who have been so supportive and caring.

George & Pam and Chris & Sherry never miss a chance to check in and see how I'm doing. Thanks neighbours!!



As you all know, I'm quite fond of daisies...

These big bright beautiful gerber daisies came from my friends (and fellow co-workers) at Arca.

I swear these are the biggest and brightest gerber daisies I have ever seen. The colours brought a huge smile to my face and it was great to know my co-workers haven't forgotten about me!!





From my good friends, the Staines family, I got the most beautiful bouquet of pink roses. Firmina had tried to convince them to send me eight roses (to mark my eighth chemo treatment) but the poor lad who took the order just couldn't quite get his head around that request. Works out good for me!!

While I'm usually not so good with scents...there is something sweet and pure about a rose and I just couldn't help sticking my nose in and breathing deeply!! And I didn't sneeze once! Love the pink!!



These beautiful, happy daisies came to me from my friends Judy, Barry, Rachel & Chris, who never miss an opportunity to let me know how much they love me!!

The card with these daisies said:

Sue - 1; Chemo - 0

I love it!!

I got this HUMONGOUS basket of goodies and this beautiful orchid from the great group of people that Matt works with at Manulife. There are so many goodies in this basket, we are going to need to plan a party! Good thing we have a good reason to celebrate!!


Thank you Manulife Distribution and Corporate Accounts for thinking about me and sending such a fabulous care package!

To say it was overwhelming for me on Friday to get all these flowers and goodies, along with all the emails, text messages, phone calls and blog comments would be a huge understatement. The love that came from all of you was almost too much. I love the flowers...they brighten up the house like crazy! And I love the energy that comes from all the love and positive energy you are all sending my way. What a lucky girl I am!!

I have been feeling pretty good all weekend. I'm a little bit tired and achey...but it doesn't seem to be as bad as last time (knock on wood). I even cooked my first whole chicken ever tonight (I know...pathetic that at 43 years old I'd never cooked a whole chicken before...but seriously cooking is not that much fun when you're only cooking for yourself). And by the way...it turned out great!


Through this crazy journey I'm on, I've discovered the simple things make my experience easier. Friends that come over to watch the Ranger game with me, still having some eyebrows after eight chemo treatments, feeling the warmth from an extra large heating pad...and having all of you join me! What could be better than that??

xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments: