On Saturday we drove to Cookstown for a visit with my family. It was great to see my family and for them to see me and know I'm fighting hard! It was especially important to me for my nieces and nephews to see me and know Auntie Sue is the same as always! Starting with this beautiful girl right here!! This is my niece Brooklyn, who is somehow already 18 and heading to Nipissing in the fall. I think she's amazing and I'm so proud of her. And I'm a little jealous of the fun she is going to have...ahhhh...University days...
It was amazing to get a big hug from the little people in my life!! Just look at this bunch of smiling faces giving me some loving! That's Emma, Alyssa, Olivia, Luke and Alex. Cutie Patooties!! They hardly grumbled at all when I made them stop their game for a photo op...I'm sure it was just a wee grumble because they all love me so much!!
Special thanks to my sisters Maureen and Sandy for doing double time in the kitchen to make sure Matt, Alex and I filled our tanks before we had to hit the road!! You girls are awesome and you ROCK!!
There's something to be said about going and getting a hug from my Dad! He has lots of questions about my treatment and is always concerned that I'm getting the best care. Thanks for the loving, Dad!! I hope Matt and I were able to answer all your questions.
Thank you Emma for the preview of your competition pieces! I'm sorry I won't be able to come and cheer you on over Labour Day weekend, but I will be cheering from K-W and hope you and Olivia do great!! I'll be expecting texts, photos and videos to catch me up to date!! Tons of fiddle talent in two tiny packages!!
The youngest smiley faces...a bit of loving from the Walker clan - PJ, Sam & Sydney.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention Dave, Nancy, Billy & Charlie...I missed seeing you guys today! I thank you for understanding how important it is that I stay as healthy as I can so I can keep my treatment plan on track. Not to mention I just don't have the immune system to fight anything that might be out there. It stinks that means I didn't get to see you on Saturday. I hope Charlie is feeling better and I get to see your smiling faces soon!!
One more shout out before I sign off...to my main man, Matt!! Way to go on your 10km run this morning at the Fergus Highland Games! You did awesome and I am beyond impressed at your focus and determination. It was sweet to see you cross the FINISH line, minutes earlier than expected!!
xoxoxo
9 comments:
Glad to hear you had a great weekend. It is probably beneficial to have your energy up for round two.
Let me know when you are ready for some movies. I am on holidays for THREE weeks and plan to be aroundhome this week, I can bring some around
Loving all of the pictures Sue! Nothing like time with family to recharge and rejuvenate!!
Hi Sue, your posts are fantastic, so heart felt and inspiring. Perfectly you. Being around family and friends this past weekend would have done you wonders I'm sure. Feel that love, so great! You are truly amazing and you look FANTASTIC girly.I hope to talk to you again soon and I'm always checking in on your posts and thinking of you lots and lots. xo
Kim
We are thinking of you, Sue!
I love the blog and the great pictures of your family and friends.
Janet Lee & Brian
It was great to see you on Saturday. Even better to give you a hug. (Slobbery kisses will be saved til later) Just love the pics of you and the kids. In their eyes there is no one like Auntie Sue!!!
Love You!!
What a great post! I love all the happy photos. I tell ya, girl, if a great attitude was a cure for cancer you'd be immune! :) xo
So very pleased you were able to make it to your family event on the weekend.
Being around family (and especially kids) always brings me back to what's important.
Take care of yourself and hope to see you soon!!!
Hugs
Jodi
What a great blog. So happy to hear you saw family and are surviving the ups and downs of treatment. Hope to see you soon at glass. Dietlind
Sue: Just heard about your blog from Gayle O. today who had it sent to her by Pam J. Glad to see the positive attitude that you have to beat this "thing". Will be keeping you and Matt in my thoughts and prayers. (I'm Susan that worked with Gerry Ward when we were at branch 1042 ...many years ago) Have been working at head office for the past 11 years but will be retiring at the end of September.
Post a Comment