So today I had my blood work done and went to see Dr. Califaretti, my medical oncologist. Have I mentioned how much I like her? She's lovely and helpful and reminds me a lot of my friend, Celina. So, because she looks so much like Celina, who comes from one of my favourite families in the world, I just know she will take good care of me!! Anywho, Dr. Califaretti gave me the thumbs up for Round 2 of chemo tomorrow (bright and early at 8:00 am)!! This is a good thing. We want to stay on track so that we can get these eight treatments done as quickly as possible.
I have some brand new anti-nausea medication to help with this next round. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they help. It turns out that for some people the wiring in their brain is such that they are more prone to vomiting. Nice. This explains a lot about my WLU days 20 plus years ago. Oh...and maybe some time spent in the Peg as well...
Anyway, I should have an easier time of it this round and I'm very hopeful that's the case!! I'm sure Matt is too!!
For those of you who are sympathizing with me on the sugar thing, I thought I'd add a couple more comments. It is very difficult to find a sugar free hard candy. I'm trying to stay away from bad artificial sweeteners (like splenda and aspartame - which much research shows is just evil and Matt would like to ban from his home). I think I'm ok with Stevia. If you know of some candies that would meet my specifications, can you send me an email on where to find them?? Kelly, I'm pretty sure there are no sugar free chocolate covered ju-jubes. Damn. And if there were some, I'll bet with my luck they'd be the green ones!!
To Mindy I need to shout a word of thanks! I am loving my new thermometer. It's super fast and suddenly it's not as frustrating an experience to take my temperature. Although quick funny story...when I went to buy it at Shopper's Drug Mart the lady looked at me funny when I asked her if they sold thermostats. Turns out words elude you with chemo...
I'd like to thank my wonderful co-workers for the gift I received from them today. I loved the card and the beautiful sentiments and loving!! I'll be thinking of you all with your brand new (looking) software tomorrow morning while I'm having chemo. If you get frustrated because it looks so different and things are in slightly different places, just remember I'd rather be figuring out the new software with you than sitting in the chemo suite!! :)
I'm pretty sure I will be lying low over the next few days, getting loads of rest and letting the drugs do their thing. Feel free to email and I'll respond when I can...and of course I'll be thinking about things to tell you about next time I blog.
Until then...keep happy tummy thoughts of me dancing in your heads!!
xoxoxox
1 comment:
sending love, light and prayers friend and we'll chat soon xoxoxo
Post a Comment