Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Now that's much better!!

So, my second treatment was yesterday morning at 8:00 am and it has gone WAY WAY better this time around. I had just a tiny bit of nausea yesterday...but wasn't sick to my stomach once!! Wahoo! I did have a bad headache, but some Tylenol and sleep seemed to help with that. I was in bed at 5:30 last night and that meant I woke up at 4:00 this morning. Thanks to Jodi and her Glee DVDs so I could watch something on TV at that hour (otherwise I'd have been checking out Infomercials!!).

I'm happy to report that today I have no nausea (in fact I've already eaten twice today) and the headache has pretty much disappeared!

I thank Dr. Califaretti for the change up on my drugs. We have removed the Ondansetron and added Aprepitant. And we also took away the Prochlorperazine (which I could take every four hours as needed for nausea) and replaced it with Metoclopramide. I only had to take one of those yesterday!!

I certainly don't want to jinx myself and get too carried away...for those of you who sent all that positive energy and positive thoughts that it would go better I thank you. You definitely worked your magic. Special shout out to Peggy who gave me some Therapeutic Touch and Reiki after my treatment yesterday and to Tammy who provided me with some crystals to help with my journey as well! You never know how these things work...and I'm pretty much willing to try anything!!

One of the new additions we got for my journey is a Magic Bullet!! I'm very excited about this. I made myself a smoothie for breakfast on Wednesday and it was good. Yesterday we got some protein powder to add to future smoothies...so hopefully I can try that out tomorrow. We met with a lovely dietician named Margaret while I was having chemo yesterday. She was quite helpful and just reiterated the need for loads of fluids and protein. I seem to be doing well with my servings of fruits and vegetables.

My next chemo treatment is scheduled for September 2nd. So far I'm right on schedule...and as of yesterday's treatment 1/4 of the way through!

I think it's time for a nap, so I'm going to say adios!

From my heart to yours, thanks for the loving!!

xoxoxox

5 comments:

Matt said...

You amaze me!

Anonymous said...

So pleased to hear things went more smoothly for this round and that you are 25% DONE.
Enjoy the DVDs. Lots of TV DVDs can be found in this house, so just let me know when you need more.
Know that you are in many people's prayers and it seems to be working.
Hugs
Jodi

Leanne said...

ditto what Matt said! :)
try adding spinach to a berry and yogurt(no sugar) smoothie...you might not even know it's there and it will help give you added energy. frozen berries make it really cool and refreshing.
have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Soooooo glad this one was better!! I knew it would be!!
Now that we have found a place to find the sugar free candies, we have to research where to get something to help with the fatigue!!

Kelley said...

Hi Sue
We're back from camping and just catching up on your blog. So glad that the 2nd treatment has gone better for you.We're thinking of you. Sending hugs!
Kelley