Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Splendid Saturday!!


Yesterday my big outing for the day was to St Jacobs to buy some lemonade! My little friends Avery & Ian Leech, along with a couple of their friends, had set up a lemonade stand to raise money for The Red Cross to help support the people of Pakistan. They did awesome and raised around $200.00! And they didn't just sell lemonade...they had water and popcorn and freezies for sale! Of course, we had to sample one of everything!!

This is the beautiful Avery showing the pricing of their goods!!



Here is the whole group of lemonade (etc.) sellers. They were so captivating and excited to have some people come buy their wares. I hear they were even willing to do some drive thrus for those who did not get out of the car. How's that for service??



In the afternoon our friends Kelly and Brock came over. They brought me some Pretzel M&Ms (yummy) and Matt a new cookbook with menu ideas for those going through treatment for cancer. So totally thoughtful and it has some great menu ideas, whether I'm having trouble with nausea, bad taste in my mouth or lack of appetite. I think Matt'll be able to use it lots!! Kelly hung out with me for a while and the men went TV shopping!! It was so great to chill and catch up. And watch a little Glee... The men came back with a TV picked out and it's going to be delivered tomorrow. I am pretty excited about that and so grateful to Matt that he would make a big change like this now to make my recovery time more enjoyable. I do enjoy my TV!!

Thanks to Patti for finding some sugar free (non aspartame or splenda) candies for me!! I'm going to go this week and check them out. As an aside, since I haven't developed any mouth sores yet, I am still enjoying some regular sweets...nothing too crazy but enough to keep me happy!!

I'm feeling pretty good today. Yesterday I was very tired after my big trip to St Jacobs. I'm grateful the nausea is better this time around for sure. I do think I'm experiencing more fatigue this time around. It just means making sure I take the time to rest when I need it. I am struggling a little bit with a bad taste in my mouth when I eat. I know from the last treatment this will get better as more time passes after the chemo, it just stinks now because things I normally like don't taste that good. Some things are still fine, it's just figuring out what those things are!!


This morning Matt pulled the first tuff of hair out of my head. It was just a little tuff...but it is the beginning of my hair loss. I have to admit this is the part I've been dreading the most. I know I'll get used to it and it'll be fine...it's just weird to think about being bald for a while.

This lovely picture of a bouquet of daisies was sent to me from my friend Leanne who lives in Huntsville. She takes beautiful pictures for her own blog and picked these daisies for me so she could send me a photo. Leanne and I have known each other our whole lives - our parents were friends in high school!! Thanks, Leanne!

Happy Sunday to all of you!!

xoxoxoxo

No comments: