Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun!!

You know, pretty much every day I think about updating my blog. So I spend some time thinking about what I might have to say and if anyone cares about what I have going on...and than suddenly I'm in bed thinking "Damn! I forgot to update the blog today!!". Yep...I can pretty much guarantee that has been my thought process since Wednesday (I can say that 100% since Tuesday was my last entry!!). And then tonight, I finally put my fingers to the keyboard and start typing away...feeling good about updating when suddenly I hit something I shouldn't have and lose the whole thing. All of it. Half an hour of typing and bringing you all up to date gone. I think I might have said a bad word when I realized what happened. In my out loud voice!! And than I decided to start all over again! Wish me better luck this time around...I'm not sure I have a third try in me...

I got some super cute pictures from my friend Eileen this week. I think she was inspired by my love of daisies and so she sent me pictures of their Daisy! This Daisy is a Miniature Dachshund...isn't she so cute! I'm an equal opportunity daisy lover and this one ranks near the top of my list - right up there with Gerber Daisies!! I love this picture of Ian giving Daisy some loving and wanted to share it! I'm so glad my Thom family friends are having a great summer! Hope to see you all soon!!



I received a really cool delivery this week from my friends the Archers. It was an edible arrangement made up of all different kinds of fruit. The pineapple was cut into shapes and the ones that were cut like flowers had a melon ball for the centre. It was very cute and while I hated to take it apart, it tasted even better than it looked! I'm very happy to report that it's all gone now! Thanks so much Dave, Tessa, Casey & Jamie for the healthy treat and for being so thoughtful!!


My Mom and her sister, my Auntie Maureen, came to visit me at the end of the week. My Aunt hails from Drayton Valley, Alberta (which is near Edmonton) and she was in the "East" for a little holiday and to help my Mom out with their auction earlier this week. I was very happy they could fit me into their Ontario tour and to get some healing hugs!! It was a short, quick visit...and didn't leave us enough time to get to Picards Peanuts. I have to make sure we do that the next time my Mom comes to town!!



I returned to fitness on Thursday morning and am VERY happy to report it was much better than Tuesday! I was able to keep my heart rate under control and didn't feel like I was going to pass out once! Yeah me!! I opted for the bike this time instead of the treadmill...I thought it would be good to shake it up! I felt really good after and am again very excited about exercising through my treatments to help with my energies and healing!

I have been feeling ok this week. I'm easily tired and have been a little frustrated at how much I just can't seem to do. I am not being hard on myself, it's just a learning curve to figure out what I am capable of and knowing when I can push that a bit and when I need to stop. And understanding that this changes constantly. It's a whole new awareness of listening to what my body (and mind) are telling me. I had a reflexology appointment this week that helped me a lot with relaxing (thanks Jenn!!) and I slept great that night!! I'm still struggling with discomfort in my esophagus and it totally sucks when I go to eat something I love only to find out it tastes terrible. This doesn't happen all the time, thank goodness!

I thought I'd give you a picture of me from today. I figure some of you have a mental picture of me with a bald head. Not quite yet. I still have some hair, although it does continue to fall out all the time. I have to give a shout out to my sister, Sandy, for her great idea to get a drain catch for the shower...good that all that hair is not going down the drain. Sucks for me to have to clean the tub EVERY day!! I thought about taking a picture of that for you...but decided not!! You can thank me later...



We had a great visit with our friends, Kelly & Brock yesterday. Kelly came and hung out with me for the afternoon and we were quite productive - getting dinner ready, washing my wig, and just getting things organized! Thanks for your help, Kelly! And for showing me how to tie a scarf on my head! And thanks to Brock who found me a case of my favourite water! I'm a happy girl!

Matt had a day of motocross today with the boys...and me, I stayed home and enjoyed 50 beautiful inches of viewing! Yes, I am love love loving this new TV. It is awesome to watch television on, DVDs on, and have I told you about the Aquarium channel? It's so cool! It's like we have a fish aquarium in the living room!! Since I spend so much time resting and chilling and generally hanging out in this room, having a television that is so much fun to watch is a total gift! And hey the other morning when I couldn't sleep and was up at 4:00 am, it was so great to turn on the TV and watch a recap of the Gold Medal hockey game from the Vancouver Olympics. Even knowing the outcome, I loved every minute of it and can't wait to watch more hockey on this big screen!! How many more days until the Kitchener Ranger season starts??!!!

Thanks for all the loving and support that you continue to send my way. It is amazing healing energy and I am so very grateful for it!

xoxoxxoxoxo

3 comments:

Joyce S said...

Had a wee visit with Beth yesterday and got caught up - you're amazing. When you're up for it, we stop by for a wee visit. I'm enjoying your journey.

Joyce S.

Anonymous said...

I think the Rangers start on Sept 24th.
Back to the swing of things at the OC. Kelly (who always thinks you are my sister) says hi and invited you here for lunch again whenever you feel up to it!!

We are working on a pink ribbon made from glass. Gotta go to Fantasy in Glass to get one more thing, then i think we can do it!!
You will get the first one!!!

jenn said...

Sending you light and love

xo