And than sometimes...you get an extra large dose of it that almost makes you wonder what you did to deserve it. You know, your family sort of has to be there for you...that whole unconditional thing and all...and I've left Matt without a choice since I've taken up residence in his home...
I don't really know how to express how much I love my friends. True, I'd be there for them and I'd be happy (and probably demanding) to help them if they were in my shoes...so you would think that I would just take their support and mosey my way through this journey. The thing is, I didn't have any idea the support and love and friendship would be as huge as it is. I didn't realize that old friends and new friends, good friends and casual acquaintances would all be such a large part of this experience and that I'd be so glad to have them ALL join me. Somehow it just makes it so much easier.
On Monday, I went to my good friend Karen's house for dinner. She made beer can chicken (holy yum!!), and along with Sharon's everything pasta salad and Kim's mini butter tarts, we had a fantastic feast!!
There was only a small grumbling when I told them we had to take a picture for the blog!! Special shout out to Karen who gave me my own hand towel while I was there - she totally gets the germ thing!!
Than last night I had a big surprise when the door bell rang and there stood my non-book club at the door (thank goodness I showered yesterday!!). Yes, we used to be a book club, but we decided we enjoyed each other's company just hanging out and having fun more than we enjoyed trying to figure out which book to read next!! So, we still share books, we just don't try to read them at the same time.
Anyway, back to last night...these lovely ladies showed up at the door for a "short" visit and a parcel for me. They made me a quilt! Can you believe it? They each went shopping for their own material, cut it into squares, and than Jodi sewed the squares and assembled it. Then they all got together after it was assembled to do finishing touches. I know that a lot of hours was spent on this beautiful quilt, and I can tell you I love it. I love that they each took the time to choose their fabric, knowing it would make me think of them...and that they also chose a fifth fabric to represent me (thats the daisy fabric that makes the X).
Kim, Jodi, Sharon & Kelly...you girls are amazing and I can't even begin to tell you how much this means to me!
To all my friends who are keeping in touch and lending support in more ways than I could even begin to imagine (or express) I thank you from the bottom of my heart and ask you to hang in for the duration...I know I can make it through this whole thing with your help!!
xoxox
5 comments:
Sue, why be so surprised with all you are shown and given? Just accept that you are a VERY special person! I have known you for a very short time and yet you have made a difference in my life and I am very grateful that our paths have crossed and have the chance to get to know you - you know the saying "when I grow up I want to be just like you"? Well, when and if I ever grow up I want to be just like you! If you find this post a bit mushy and gushy ... well... payback!!! Your last post brought tears in my eyes. Just know we are all in your corner and love you tons, we're not going anywhere. XO
What wonderful friends you have! xo
The quilt is awesome, what a great gesture. When you need to wrap up in it, may it give you the peace and comfort you need!
I hope you realize how much you're missed around here.
May you have more days of sunshine than clouds,
Bonnie
Sue, your smile is contagious and despite all you are going through I don’t think anyone can wipe it off your face! Through your blog you have given me the gift of reminding me to enjoy the small stuff – time with my family and friends and to love the ones we are with everyday instead of taking them for granted. Oliver owes you big for this LOL. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. You are in my thoughts! Lisa
I LOVE how this turned out! Kuddos to the makers :)
Sue, you are the best and deserve all the goods things and more.
Post a Comment