Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Zoom....There Goes the Weekend!

It's kind of funny I would even notice the weekend zoomed by...considering I don't have to go to work tomorrow...but it's true! All of a sudden it's Sunday night and the weekend is over. Oh, and I realized I haven't updated my blog in a few days!!

Yes, I had a good weekend. The Rangers won against Erie on Friday night (but lost against Owen Sound on Saturday). We watched Robin Hood (starring Russell Crowe) on Saturday night - I totally enjoyed it. Russell makes a great Robin Hood and I loved Alan Doyle as one of the Merry Men!! I know he'd make me pretty Merry too!!!

I received a beautiful gift from my friend Pam. She is such a great supporter to me and never misses a chance to tell me how well she thinks I am doing. The card she gave to me said "Life Happens. Love Helps." I think that sums it up nicely!

Today was the CIBC Run for the Cure. I know my niece Brooklyn and my cousin Kerry, along with lots of other people, did this run with me in mind (or others they know who are fighting this stupid disease or have fought it in the past). I want to tell you about our neighbour Alex. I think he is 5 or maybe 6. The doorbell rang this morning and there was Alex. He was all by himself and was bringing me the bib that he had from the CIBC Run for the Cure that said "I'm running for" and there was my name. SUE. They had signed the bib (him, his brother Gabe (who is 3) and his Mom & Dad). He told me he rode his bike the whole way! He wanted me to have the bib. And he also had a little note in an envelope that just said "Love, Alex"...with a button that also said "I ran for Sue". Sometimes the love is overwhelming.

Thank you to my friend, Sharon who came to see me today...and thanks for the treats!! You know me so well!!

Some exciting news...today I actually left the house for a big excursion to the Region of Waterloo International Airport. OK...I've left the house for small periods of time this week, but really have stayed away from any "crowds". And ok...maybe the "crowds" at our little airport are small, but still it was exciting for me!!



We were at the airport to pick up Matt's Mom & Dad, who returned today from a big vacation to the west. Beth & Bill spent the last 18 days in BC and Alberta...travelling, seeing the sites and visiting family and old friends. It sounds like they had a fabulous time! We brought supper with us so when we got to their house, we had supper on the table pretty quickly and got to hear all about their trip!! Glad you had such a super time and are home safe and sound!!

I am feeling much better...the cold is lingering a bit but is getting better. I am determined to improve every day so come Wednesday, my doctor will give me the thumbs up for chemo this week!! Keep your fingers crossed!!!

My heart is full because of all of you who do so much to support those of us who need it and appreciate it!! Walk on!!

xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Okay, that story about your neighbour Alex totally got me teary. How incredibly sweet! So glad you are feeling the love Sue!! xx