Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Feeling Very Grateful...

I know Thanksgiving weekend is now behind us, and we've all had our fill of turkey and the fixings...but since I didn't get a chance to blog about how grateful I am, I decided I needed to extend the Thanksgiving festivities by one more day!!

I spent most of the long weekend recovering from Thursday's chemo. I felt pretty good on Friday, but by Saturday (and Sunday and Monday) the muscle aches and pains were driving me crazy!! Specifically my legs and feet were so sore I couldn't get comfortable, changing my position constantly trying to find some relief. Yes, I took some Tylenol 1 to help me out, and it did offer a smidge of relief. I think at my next doctor's appointment I'll be asking for something with a little more stink!

I am happy to report that even feeling crappy I was able to partake in some turkey!! Matt, Lauren (who is home from York University this week), Alex and I went to Matt's parents in New Hamburg on Sunday for a very yummy turkey dinner! Matt made his award winning fluffy buns, I made some mashed potatoes and Matt's Mom took care of the rest! It was awesome...and I ate way too much. Our friend, Jeannie, also came for dinner and brought me my very own raisinless butter tarts! Jeannie is famous in our family for her butter tarts - they are so good! I felt particularly special since she made me my very own (and told me I didn't have to share if I didn't want to). And I loved not having to pick out the raisins!! I did share them...sometimes my generosity amazes even me!!



So, while I have been feeling less than stellar the last three or four days, I'm grateful that I'm now on the mend. I'm grateful that I have such a wonderful family who helps me through the bad days and friends who are forever checking in. I'm grateful that I live in such a great city, with everything I need to fight this thing called cancer. And I'm grateful that this chemo (which is driving me crazy) is doing it's job and fighting right along with the rest of us to make me well!!

I have so much to give thanks for every day. I'm glad for Thanksgiving...I like the reminder to stop and count my blessings for those days when I might forget.

xoxoxoxxoxoxo

3 comments:

jenn said...

:) I was thinking of you yesterday! Your right... lots of gratitude out there :) Love ya... I will email you from school this week. I'm toronto thurs onward till next week. My evenings... lots of internet time! lol

chat soon and glad.

xo

Sandy said...

And I am thankful for you!!!

Love Sandy

Grace said...

It's sad that we need a specific day for us to remember to be grateful for all the stuff in our lives, but at least we remember!
I'm so grateful that you're in my life and keeping us all updated on your progress. And I'm glad you got your own personal supply of butter tarts! Now, if I can get that recipe, I'd like to try them!
Love you lots!
Grace