Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Green Light - It's a Go!!

Yep!! It's true!! I did my blood work today and got the green light for chemo tomorrow!! Yippee!! I'm back on track!! And a little more good news...the tumour has shrunk a little more!! It's a good news kind of day today!!

I am feeling pretty good too. I still have a little cold, but mostly I feel good. I returned to fitness yesterday (after being off all last week) and maybe over did it a little bit...I had a little bit of a rough day yesterday. Of course, it could have been the pounding and hammering as the roofers worked away. Man were they loud. Don't they know I was trying to rest??

My friend Mindy came to see me and brought me a lovely care package - complete with some new teas and homemade potato leek soup. I had no idea if I'd like the soup or not and am very happy to report it is very yummy!! Thank you so much, Mindy!! And you know I love that new tea egg!!

I am a little anxious (not hugely...just a little) for my chemo tomorrow. New drug, which means new side effects. The good news is the nausea should be less...I'll keep you posted on what side effects I do experience. I'm also a little nervous about finding a good vein to administer the drugs (keep your fingers crossed for me that this is not a problem!!) and then of course, there is the fact that my treatment is scheduled to take place over five hours - FIVE HOURS!!! That's over twice as long as my previous treatments. I am definitely taking snacks with me!!

Well my friends...wish me luck tomorrow!! As Arnold would say "I'll be back"!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Great news that you are back on track. I always knew you were a fighter (sometimes I experienced it first hand) You will be in my prayers tomorrow...as you always are.
I love you,
Sandy

Leanne said...

Glad to hear that things are all heading in the right direction!...I'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear how your day went.
Bright white light heading your way...beams of love and healing xo

Tracey said...

So glad you are back on track Sue. Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Wishing you lots of luck!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and are back on track. Sending lots of luck and positive thoughts your way tomorrow and as your journey continues.

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Soooo......how did it go??? You were on my mind all afternoon. I said many prayers and crossed all fingers and toes that it went well and no side effects!!!
Stay strong girl!!!!
xoxoxoxox

Grace said...

So happy to hear the tumour shrunk a bit more!
Hope the new chemo went well; was thinking of you today and hoping you were able to pass the time well.
Love ya
Grace xoxo