Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Six Down...Two to Go!!

Hey Sports Fans!

I'm home from Treatment #6 and VERY VERY happy to report that it went really well. My doctor had prescribed another drug to be injected via IV prior to the Taxol (the Taxol is the chemo drug). So before chemo I had some steroids, some benadryl and some hydro cortisone. I was very sleepy from the benadryl...but am so happy I had no reaction to the chemo drug. Actually we were chatting with the pharmacist today and found out it's not actually the Taxol that causes the reaction, it's the base material that they mix with the Taxol so that they can use it that causes the reaction.

In fact, the pharmacist told us that the bark of the yew tree is where the chemical for Taxol came from. They have now figured out how to create this chemical without having to kill any trees...crazy eh? See how Mother Nature takes care of us??!!

I'm super happy that I only have two more treatments left and than we can move on to the surgery...my nurse Pat will call my surgeon after my next oncologist visit. I'm a little anxious to find out if the surgery will be before Christmas or after.

So far I don't have any aches or pains...but last time it took a few days for them to set in, so I'm expecting I may feel it over the weekend.

I think it's time for a nap. Thanks for all the positive energy I know so many of you were sending my way this morning...it definitely helped!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

1 comment:

Grace said...

Hey Sue!
Glad you've got another session done; OMG, really!? only 2 more to go? That's GREAT!! So glad for that.
I've been wanting to come visit but right now am fighting a cold, so the visit will have to wait...please accept my virtual hugs instead!
Am excited that GBS is coming to Hamilton in late November...hoping to convince some people to join me, otherwise I may end up going on my own, thinking of you the whole time!
luv you lots!
Grace
xoxoxo