Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Hallowe'en!!

Don't you just love Hallowe'en??!! I'm so excited about seeing the young trick or treaters tonight!! I can hardly wait! I'm hoping they'll let me take their picture so I can share them with you tomorrow.

Of course, I have my own make up loving fiend...so I'll be taking pictures of him too!! I can hardly wait to see how the pumpkin carving turns out!!

While I have had a pretty good week, it's been a bit rough at times. So, when I might have been working on an update for the blog, I was taking a nap instead...I know you'll all forgive me and read on!!

On Wednesday, I got a really nice delivery from the Brain Injury Association of Waterloo Wellington. As some of you may know, until very recently, I sat on their Board of Directors, and found it to be a great experience. Patti, who is their Executive Director, came to see me with a gift from her and the rest of the Board...to let me know they are thinking about me and wishing me well. Got to love a very yummy Edible Arrangement!! Thank you!!

While it stinks that my treatment schedule to fight this cancer means I have to forego some of the things that were so rewarding for me, it sure does help knowing life goes on and others are willing to step in and move forward in my place!

I had a great time on Wednesday night with the non-Book Club girls. We had a great visit! It had been quite a while since we last got together, and I so loved catching up with them!! I may have stayed a little longer than I should have and that, coupled with a busy day on Thursday, did me in! I spent Friday chilling on the couch trying to right myself. Damn chemo drugs taking me hostage! Yes, I still get frustrated with my limitations...how many more treatments again??!!!

Thanks to my good friend Firmina for coming to see me yesterday. We had great plans to work on a Christmas gift...but I was still catching up from earlier in the week and didn't last very long (or manage to be very productive while she was here). I might need a do-over Firmina!

I want to send out BIG thanks to a bunch of our neighbours, who rang the doorbell last night while we were watching the baseball game (and the hockey game) with their hands full of food. There was a neighbourhood dinner last night which we did not attend (since I don't do crowds) and they graciously wanted us to share in the grub with them! Looks like we'll be enjoying some wonderful dishes for dinner tonight!!

Thanks to Tracy & Avelino for the wonderful lunch today. We loved it! And loved having a chance to visit and catch up!! Thank you so much for your hospitality (and the belated birthday present)!!

I got a great package in the mail this week from my step-brother Bob and his wife, Amber. Bob sent me a note telling me he thinks my blog is awesome and thought of me when he came across "The Book of Awesome"...so he bought it for me. It's this great little book with lists of things that make you happy and that don't cost any money! Things like hitting a bunch of green lights in a row, dangling your feet in water and laughing so hard you make no sound at all. I love it!

Look around...there are good things everywhere to make us smile!

xoxoxoxxoxoxo

No comments: