Today I had my lab work up and appointment with Dr. Califaretti. I got the go ahead for chemo on Thursday - Treatment #6!! Dr. Califaretti gave me some new drugs to help with the achey legs and feet and is making some adjustments to the drugs they give me when I get chemo to help my body accept the chemo drug. I'm hoping that means no reaction on Thursday!!
And some good news today!! Although the main purpose of having the chemo first is to conquer any cancer cells that may have escaped my boob, a great side effect is that the tumour has shrunk some more. Today the tumour seems to be about half the size it was before we started chemo!! It's tough to know for sure what the size is because it's not uniform with defined edges. But we do know it has shrunk a lot and is not near as obnoxious as it was at the beginning of August! For this I am grateful!
I found out on Sunday that one of my scrapbook buddies is almost my neighbour! Thanks for coming to see me Kelly and for the treats you brought with you - loving those peanut butter Lindors!!
Thanks also to our next door neighbours, who delivered some very yummy homemade chicken soup on Sunday! It was a great complement to our dinner and I have been enjoying it for lunch this week as well!! Thank you Tices!!
It has been a great week for me so far. I've been crossing some items off my list and feeling a little more organized than I have for a while! This makes me happy!!
After Thursday's treatment I only have two left! How's that for good news??!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
3 comments:
Good luck on Thursday, Sue! I'll be thinking about you!
Love,
Steph
Great news about the tumor shrinking and that you are set for Chemo#6. You are truly amazing!!!
I Love You
Sandy
I'm so glad to hear that the tumour has shrunk again!!
I'll be thinking of you on Thursday.
Post a Comment