Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Friday, January 7, 2011

It's a GOOD day!!

I thought I'd share a picture that was taken yesterday. I had a funeral to go to and decided this was a good opportunity to try out my wig. What do you think? It felt strange (and itchy) on my head, but I don't think it was too obvious to those that wouldn't know I'm actually a bit of a baldy! Although I swear my hair is growing in like crazy!! My sincere condolences to Sharon and Jeff...our thoughts are with you and your family!



I have been struggling with a bad cold/flu bug the last couple of days and I feel like crap. I have the sore throat, the chills and no energy...it stinks! It all started with that Team Canada loss...

Even feeling crappy I have to tell you that today was a REALLY good day! We went to see Dr. Califaretti to get the pathology results from my surgery and the report could hardly have been better!

Dr. Judges removed 17 lymph nodes (that means I have to make sure I keep doing my exercises for my left arm...don't want anything to freeze up or swell!!), and not one of those lymph nodes showed cancer. Also, none of the blood vessels or ducts showed any cancer! At this point there is no evidence that the cancer spread outside of the breast...at this point it looks like the chemotherapy did it's job!! They did find some minuscule cancer cells in the tissue they removed. The tumour was so large and it would have been very difficult for the chemo to work it's way through the whole thing, but I'd say it did a pretty damn good job!!

What does all this mean? It means at this point it looks like the cancer is gone! Of course there are no 100% guarantees, and I'll have appointments in the future to make sure that's the case. And of course, I still have radiation to get through. We're just waiting for the call from the Radiation Oncologists' office with my first appointment.

Bring on the third period! I'm ready!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

13 comments:

Jude said...

Fantastic news Sue! Way to go! So, so, so proud of you! Get better soon so we can get together! Sending lots and lots of love and hugs your way!

Leanne said...

Sounds like an AMAZING DAY!!! So happy for you...xo
Mike says "thanks"...

Anonymous said...

Susie Q!!!! i am so friggin happy I could cry!! Such good news!!!
I will be smiling all evening!

Leanne said...

ps...
the wig is very convincing...like the colour on you!

Kelly said...

Such excellent news Sue!! Very happy to hear that.
Your wig looks very nice too, really suits you :)

Stacy said...

That is such awesome news! I'm so happy for you and your family. You guys should celebrate!

Sherry Tice said...

Love the wig, it looks good on you. And such great news. You are a fighter.

Mindy said...

You look beautiful, as always!

And way to kick some cancer butt!!! (Perhaps you could teach our Junior boys a little bit about winning the battle... ) ;)

Luke said...

Wow...Auntie Sue, I didn't know that your hair could grow so fast! Mom had to tell me it was a wig.
I love you!!

Elena said...

Sue- that is FANTASTIC!!!!! I am so happy and relieved for you- good for you girl!!!
You look great in that wig!

jenn said...

YEAH BABY!!!!!! That is the best news I have heard in the past bit! I'm so proud of you! I'm so glad you kicked the "c" to the curb! Go girl!!!!!! See you soon

xoxoxoxo

p.s the wig is FABULOUS!

Unknown said...

Doin my happy dance!! FABU darlin and ... you ... look... marvelous!!

hugs

Kim said...

Hey Sue! I think the wig looks fantastic. I also think it is great that you don't have to wear it! Glad to read that things are going well! Kim xo