Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The only fish of it's kind...

I know I tend to go on a bit sometimes about all the love and support I get from my amazing family and friends!! Today was one of those days when it made my heart full!!

Not only did I get to hang out with some lovely girls doing one of the things I love to do most (i.e. scrapbooking)...but I also got a wonderful email from my friend Suzie Thom. She was excited to read about my great news (see Friday's post) and was sharing in my celebration with me. Suzie also had a story from her young son, Anthony (he's 6), that she wanted to share with me...and I want to share it with you!

"This morning Anthony came to see me with a story of his dream. He said that he was on Manitoulin fishing with Papa, Daddy, Patrick (his brother) and Brenden (a friend). He caught a rainbow fish all by himself. It was a special fish...looked like a rainbow - the only fish of its kind in Canada - because it has the cure for cancer in it. I asked him if he hadn't woken up from that dream, if he knew where he would take the fish. He said cousin Terry, Auntie Mary and Sue Langdon. He said that he will have the other part of the dream another night...the part where he actually goes and helps people with his fish. Interesting that he should have that dream and discussion as you posted such a wonderful message. We are very happy for you...as you enter period 3! God Bless and lots of peaceful thoughts coming to you."

Thanks for catching that very special fish, Anthony!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

Leanne said...

that is so sweet...thanks for sharing!

Elena said...

Hi Sue
what a great story! Please know that you are one of those amazing and kind people that you talked about in your blog because of the amazing gesture you made when you delivered your chemo bag filled with comfort things to help me tomorrow! My Sarah said to me awhile back when we were talking all about the wonderful kind people out there so ready to help us and let us know that we are not alone and she said to me "mom, when people are kind to other's, it is God shining his love down on us!" Thank you Sue, my bag is ready to go and I plan on hanging on tight to both the blanket and the bear! I am so blessed that I walked into the store that day and met you :)
With love,
Elena

Matt said...

You bring me to tears often Dear. Your reach and impact on others is inspiring. It is even more amazing because you offer it so naturally. I am blessed that you have allowed me to be with you on this journey. And, as challenging as it is (and I never pretend to know what it is like for you), perspective is never far behind ... we both know that everyone deals with challenges in their life ... this just happens to be our challenge at this time. It is always about how one views that challenge. We all have the choice - it can define and stall you OR it can contribute to "who you are" and springboard you to another level of awareness. You figured out long ago how to make sure you are a better person from every experience, including this one.

Sue said...

I have the best boyfriend ever!

Kim said...

Wow. I love it!