We left Waterloo before 10:00 am yesterday because we wanted to make sure we had no delay at the border and we wanted to see both games! I am so glad we left early! We had one car ahead of us at the border, and had lots of time to get some lunch (at The Cheesecake Factory) and look around the Galleria mall a little bit. We didn't do much shopping (only one purchase) but it sure was great fun walking around the mall with our Team Canada jerseys on and getting high fives and big grins from people walking by!! We actually didn't spend a ton of time at the mall because we wanted to get parked and in our seats in good time - and the reality is I didn't want to wear myself out before even getting to the HSBC!
We were in our seats in time to watch Sweden and Russia warm up. Our seats were pretty high up (in the 300 level) but we had a great view of the game! It was totally cool to see the plays develop and even though we were up there, we were in it!! It was pretty cold in the arena for the first game, so my coat didn't come off and I was glad I had brought a blanket for my legs.
Between the 2nd and 3rd periods, Matt ran into Dave & Nancy Andrews (parents of Matt Andrews). They were sitting in the section beside us, a few rows down. They had two empty seats beside them for the first game, so we joined them for the 3rd period! And they also had reservations for The Harbor Club, which is a restaurant inside the HSBC. They asked us if we wanted to join them at The Harbor Club, which was fantastic since otherwise we would have had to leave the HSBC between games!! This way we didn't have to leave the building and we got a fairly nutritious dinner!!
These guys were sitting a few rows in front of us. I love their signs and there is no doubt these signs speak the truth! Team Canada was FANTASTIC and the Canadian fans rocked it last night!!
We took a Canada Flag with us yesterday and it was great to stand up and wave it every time Team Canada took to the ice, and of course, every time they scored!!
Definitely the best part of the whole day was the BIG WIN!! Way to go, Canada!! It was amazing to hear the crowd belt out Oh Canada and to redeem ourselves with Team USA! I honestly think Team USA was surprised that we beat them so handily! Team Canada didn't let up once and they totally deserved to win! Love the sight of that score board!!
The crowd started chanting "We Want Russia" with minutes left in the 3rd period. Crazy!! And every time the American fans would start chanting "U-S-A", they would get drowned out by us Canadian fans chanting "Can-a-da".
We got home pretty late last night (close to 1:00 am)...but it was good a drive. I think it took us about forty minutes to get through the border with all the rest of the Canadian fans! So totally worth it!! And I'm proud to report that I did stay awake the whole drive home and did my job of keeping Matt company!!
Today I'm a little tired and a little bit sore...so it's a chill day with lots of tv!! Tomorrow I am really hoping the drains can be removed...keep your fingers crossed.
Time to get rested up so I'm ready to cheer on Team Canada in the Gold medal game tomorrow!!! If I can't be there in person, I sure am glad I get to watch it on the 50 inch!! Game time is 7:30...Canada vs Russia...cheer loud for our boys!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
2 comments:
i just kept thinking "Susie must be having the time of her life!!!"
i'm sure you were a good luck charm xo
I can feel the excitement in your post! So glad to hear that you had such a fantastic day.
Did you record The Bachelor last night? It looks like it's going to be an interesting season :)
Post a Comment