Yep...it's true. This week I went shopping for a new boob. Well, a temporary one anyway.
It's a really interesting world, this land of prosthesis and special bras. You want to make sure you have the right fit because even though no two breasts are the same (and I'm sure we've all felt lopsided at one point or another) the reality is you want to look as natural (and even) as you can. So, it was a matter of trying on different sizes of prosthetics and than putting my shirt on to see how it looked. We went back and forth for a while and than finally made a decision. Thanks to Faith at Nu Me Boutique and to my good friend Judy for making the experience so much easier (and enjoyable)!!
I ended up buying two breast prosthetics. One is for every day and one is for exercising. The every day breast feels like a natural breast. It's soft and wrinkly and feels pretty real. The breast for exercising is actually a little harder and more absorbent (should I sweat). It's also lighter than the every day breast. It's surprising how darn heavy these babies are!!
On the plus side, the government has a grant program for breast prosthesis that will reimburse me for part of the cost. This is great news because it was fairly expensive. And thankfully I have benefits that should help with the balance of the cost.
I do have an appointment coming up for a consult with a plastic surgeon. I don't plan to wear a prosthetic forever...but for now, it's great to have a good fit!!
Thanks Judy for the awesome lunch on Thursday! I am so glad you could come boob shopping with me and lunch was the icing on the cake!
xoxoxxoxoxoxo
4 comments:
Congrats on your new addition!! And how awesome that Judy could share that experience with you.
Love you
Sandy
Glad you were able to find something (even two!) and that Judy could spend the time with you.
Hope to see you soon!
Grace
you did it again...made boob shopping sound like a really good time!! xoxo
I have another suggestion for you if you're looking to have a little fun with your "special" boob. A woman started knitting her own prosthetic boobs back when she had hers removed and didn't like what replacements were out there. She know has a website from which she sells hand-made, hand-knitted boobs, or you can download the pattern for free and knit one yourself. Her web address is http://www.titbits.ca. These are some super cute and fun boobies :)
Post a Comment