Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Too Early for a New Boob….

On Thursday I had my first appointment with the plastic surgeon. Turns out, the timing was premature for this appointment. We are months (if not a year or two) away from reconstruction surgery. At this point, we can’t even talk about what we might do. I need to get through radiation first (only two more treatments!!) and than see how my skin heals from the radiation. There are so many questions and considerations, that it will be a while before I have any idea what kind of reconstruction makes the most sense for me…and even longer before a date for that surgery is booked.

It’s crazy how I still continue to learn so much as I move through this journey. I went to my appointment on Thursday morning thinking I would leave knowing what kind of surgery I would be having and an approximate time line on when it might take place. Yeah…not so much. It turns out I have some more road to travel before I get to this stop. Patience grasshopper!!

In the past week, I have had some really wonderful visits with friends (and some family)!! My energy levels must be getting better!!! Thanks for all the great visits and meals! It feels so great to catch up and feel like I’m part of the world again!!

I want to send out a HUGE thank you to my sister Sandra, who came to Waterloo for the morning on Thursday to go with me to my appointment. I was pretty nervous about the appointment and it was so much easier to have her with me! Thank you for taking some time off work to be there for me!

I also had a fantastic time with my Dad last week! I took him into the room where I have my radiation so he could see the set up and what everything looked like. Very cool! We had a great visit and the Rangers won!! Thanks for coming to see me, Dad!

On a sad note, we are off to pay our respects to a lovely lady who passed away on Friday. My sincere condolences to Matt’s extended family on the loss of Aunt Verna. Aunt Verna was Beth’s sister-in-law (Beth is Matt’s mom), and she will be missed! Much love to all of you.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Grace said...

So good to see you this week! You look great and I'm so happy radiation's almost over! Thanks for the great visit, and yes, we'll have to have a movie marathon when you're feeling up to it!
Love ya, Grace