Yesterday I finished radiation (the third period)!! Yahoo! It's a shut out!! 3-0 for me!!
I am so totally excited to be all finished my active treatment!! I am done! I don't have to go to the hospital today!! In fact, besides seeing my dentist next week, I don't have a medical appointment until April 13th! How great is that??!!
We took some photos yesterday to celebrate being done...
These are three of the lovely radiation technicians who helped me every day with my treatments. Thanks Jenny, Marie and Laura for cheering for me yesterday when I finished!!
Walking out of the treatment room after my last zap!! Yahoo!!
Out for a celebration dinner last night at The Bauer Kitchen with Matt and Alex!
I guess you can tell how totally jazzed I am to be done. Have I mentioned that I don't have to go to the hospital today??!! I am ready to put my energies into getting stronger, working on the fatigue and building up my endurance!! And should I find myself faced with another hockey game...I'm ready to drop my gloves and give 'er!
I found myself a little emotional after my last radiation treatment yesterday. I was surprised to be teary and after thinking about it for a little bit, I think it's because I'm all done. After chemo was done, I was happy...but still had surgery. After surgery was over and I healed, I was happy...but still had radiation to go. Now that radiation is done...I'm done! Seriously! I did it!! I did it!!
I have been asked if I will continue to blog...the answer is "Of course!!" I will continue to keep writing about my journey (the appointments, reconstruction and challenges I have ahead) and anything else that I feel the need to share!
I know, without any doubt at all, that my experience and journey has been made so much easier because of all of you and the love, support and prayers you continue to send my way! I'm so grateful!! And from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.
xoxoxoxoxoxo
8 comments:
You are truly the most amazing woman I know and I am truly blessed to be your sister!!
I LOVE YOU!
Wow, that is emotional! I'm so happy for you ... you're just beaming in your pictures! You are truly an inspiration!
Love,
Steph
Hurray Sue!! Take that you stupid cancer!!!
You are amazing Sue, and it was so great to see you looking so healthy again!
I knew you would kick cancer's ass!! Way to go Sue! So happy for you! xx
Yeah!!! It's done! I'm sure you're delighted that you don't have to wear those lovely hospital gowns anymore!
I'm so proud of you and the way you've dealt with this journey.
Big hugs!
Grace
xoxo
Your journey has been a shining example of how to do this with positivity and grace. BIG HUG and lots of love!
Tears Sue. Love LOVE LOVE the picture of your joyful smile coming out of radiation for the last time. You do indeed win.
charlene
GREAT news Sue!! Now... go have a few rounds of golf!
Georgina
OX
Post a Comment