As it turns out, the easy peasy part of radiation ended during the last week of treatment. With that last week of treatment, the area of my burns got a bit larger and the redness became more intense. Since then I have been nursing some rather sore radiation burns…they’ve peeled and even oozed a bit…and they hurt! I am a love child these days, going braless and trying to get some air!! All in all, I am doing pretty good…just taking it easy and not moving very quickly. Sudden moves can make me suck in my breath!!
I have still been going to fitness, and just not doing my usual routine. I’ve just been riding the bike. No weights and no sweating allowed - the arm movements hurt on the left side when doing weights and the sweat could lead to infection since the burns are sort of open and raw. Plus, since I’m braless we don’t want any wild swinging motions with my remaining boob…someone could lose an eye!!
The good news is the burns are healing…prickly and itching is a good sign, right??!! I’m still quite sore and sleeping at night has been a challenge…but I am getting better at finding the exact right position and finding some sleep!
I did go visit my Mom last week for a couple of days with my sister Sandy and my nephew Luke. We had a great time and I think Mom was pretty jazzed to have us there!! We took a group shot when Bob came to join us for lunch!
Thanks to the Lee family for the awesome dinner (and to Sophie for sharing all her toys!!). Also, it was great to see the Walker family yesterday at lunch (thanks again for coming to K-W!!) and we had some great visits this past week with some of our wonderful neighbours!! I love this weather…everybody is coming out from hibernation!!
Wishing you all a very happy first day of spring…it’s definitely a time for rebirth!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
1 comment:
It's so nice to hear how well you are doing and are able to maintain your sense of humour! I'm in Waterloo (don't even know if you are still there - i'm awful) April 2 for my daughters swim meet. Will be at the WLU pool Saturday and Sunday. If you are around it would be great to see you for a coffee or just a hug. Call my cell 705 321-9697
love Stu
Post a Comment