Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sum...Sum...Summertime...

I love summer!  I love the heat, the sun, the smiles of everyone enjoying the great weather!  I love sitting outside and reading the paper or having a nap.   I love connecting with neighbours who are out and about, also enjoying the summer...and I love sitting in a backyard with friends enjoying a drink and maybe a dip in the pool!

As August comes to a close and I hear all the ads on the radio for "the most wonderful time of the year" and back to school sales, I know summer is coming to an end.  I'm starting to think about all the things I didn't do this summer and I can't help but feel a little bummed.    I think summer should last as long as winter does.

That said, fall is almost upon us and you know what, I love the fall!  I love the colours, the sunny days and cool nights and the parade of kids heading back to school!   I love the predictable routine that returns after summer holidays and the return of my favourite tv shows as the fall tv schedule begins.  And I love digging out my favourite sweatshirts and thinking about the return of Kitchener Ranger hockey!

While I'm not a big fan of the cold that comes with winter, or driving in snow and ice...I am grateful for the change that comes with each season.  For the opportunity to embrace the best of each season and the beauty that comes with it.   And I guess being a Canadian means tolerating winter even if I don't want to!

I'm getting ahead of myself...winter is still (hopefully) months away!  It's pool party time and I still have some summer things to enjoy!!  I'm going outside!

xoxoxoxoxoxoox

1 comment:

Leanne said...

We're trying to make the most of the last days of summer too!! xo