Last week I received an email from Matt's sister-in-law, Leslie that I would like to share with all of you. It's about her daughter (Matt's niece), Kathryn. Kathryn is a wonderful girl and I love it when I get the chance to visit with her and hear what she's up to. Here's Leslie's email:
After a year of growing her hair, and much frustration over brushing such a long mane, Kathryn has donated her locks to be made into wigs for cancer patients. She made this decision a year ago when she learned our dear family member, Sue, would be losing her hair during her cancer treatments. We are very proud of Sue and we love Kathryn's new look!
I am so proud of this amazing ten year old!! Great job growing your hair and doing something so generous, Kathryn!! I know that someone will be very grateful when their hair falls out and they can wear some of yours!! And I love your new haircut!!
On an entirely different note, I got to have lunch with an old friend of mine on Sunday. In the summer of 1987, I was a bridesmaid in my friend Sheryl's wedding. We went to high school together and she is one of the kindest people I have ever known. Somehow, a year or so after Sheryl's wedding, we lost touch. Sitting across from her on Sunday, 24 years later, I wonder how that happened. I am so glad she found me on Facebook and we reconnected. I am grateful for the opportunity to catch up, and for how great it felt to give an old friend a big hug.
xoxoxoxoxoxo
1 comment:
She looks adorable in her new haircut! What an awesome girl!!
Post a Comment