I have been trying to find a few minutes all week to sit down and tell you all about my weekend away...I really want to tell you about how much fun we had, and how proud I am of myself!
I probably should start by telling you how worried I was before we left. I was worried that the fatigue would be too much and I would be a total drag for the other girls. I was also pretty worried about being away from my body guard for three whole nights. I prepared myself, we took laptops and movies in case I needed to chill...pillows and blankets in case I needed to sleep in the car...and I had three fabulous girls who were ready to deal with whatever came up! The good news is, I held my own! I admit to napping a few times in the car while we were driving from one location to the next (probably important to tell you here that I was not the driver)...but other then that, I was good to go! I did not need any extra naps, or breaks away...I even stayed up late every night! We had the best time. Memories Manor is a great place that truly caters to scrapbookers. I made some cards and completed a bunch of layouts. True, there were bits of time where I was sitting at the table visiting more than scrapping...but that happens even when I'm 100%!!
Even the sugar flower on top tasted divine!!
These wee carrots with hummus were served to us on Friday afternoon. They had poked wee holes in the ends of the mini carrots and put a piece of parsley in.
They were so cute! I will definitely be stealing this idea too!
The service and attention to detail were amazing. The food all weekend long was totally yummy (I think I had the best french toast of my life on Saturday morning). Thanks to Jan and Deanna (owners of Memories Manor) for being such wonderful hosts...you sure do provide a great weekend!
I can't wait to go back!! I am truly grateful to Kelly, Amber and Meg for inviting me to join along with them and for being patient and considerate all weekend long. They cheered me on when I was doing so well, provided door service as needed and sure made the weekend a ton of fun! Thank you girls! You are the best!!
I am feeling pretty good this week too. I wondered if I might be a little bit tired this week after such a big weekend, and I guess truth be told I am a little bit tired. The good news is, I haven't felt the need to nap during the day. Wow...could this be a turning point??!! Am I really starting to get back to my old self? I am loving that the fatigue doesn't seem to have such a hold on me anymore (unless I get a crappy night's sleep). And I've seen marked improvement with my concentration levels and attention span...
I am so proud of myself for keeping up this past weekend and loving every minute of it. It gave me a boost to my confidence and made me feel like I was my old self again! What a gift!!
xoxoxoxxoxoxo
4 comments:
OMG the little flower pots are too much! I don't want to wait two years to go!!
I know!! It's a long wait...but so totally worth it!!!
Absolutely worth it. I wish I was going back sooner :)
Now if only I could find some time to write down my recap :D
Isn't MM amazing?!?!? I absolutely loved my time there and cannot wait to go back again in August!! SO glad you had such a great time Sue! You definitely deserve it!! xx
Post a Comment