Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Home Again...Home Again...Jiggity Jig

Yep, it's true...this past weekend I moved back into my apartment. After (almost) ten months of bunking in with Matt, Alex and Lauren, I've moved home. It seems weird and oh so quiet...and yet it feels good to get back among all my things!

I know some of you are probably wondering why I moved home. The reality is when I left it was in a time of crisis. I was starting chemo in less than 24 hours and couldn't be home by myself. There was no question about where I would go, of course. And it was beyond fantastic to live with Matt and the kids while I went through all my treatments. Now that I'm feeling more like myself, it's time to find a new normal...and see what exactly that means.

I decided with moving home I would sort through things that have been hanging around for ages. This means, as I've been putting things away, I've been sorting through everything and making sure it should stay. So, I've been taking everything out of cupboards and drawers, sorting through, refolding, putting away (or donating to charity or in some cases, throwing away). I kind of feel like my apartment is a snow globe that someone picked up, shook the hell out of it, and then set it back down. My bedroom and the hall closet are GREAT! The fridge is pretty. The rest of the place is a work in a progress. And while I'm still working through fatigue and how much I can do in a day, the reality is I've become gifted at procrastination as well!!

Obviously I have some feelings of conflict. While I love my independence, I love being with my family on Foxhill. While it feels great to be among my things, I miss seeing my boys when I wake up in the morning. I guess I knew finding a new normal would not be easy peasy...

Big big thanks to Matt, Alex and Lauren for their continuing love and support. For helping me move my stuff back to my apartment and then asking me to come for dinner a few hours later. It sure makes this transition a lot easier. I love you guys so much!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

3 comments:

Leanne said...

i have a feeling that they'll miss you like crazy...

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

Well Sue it looks like you have finally landed safely as I knew you would. You sure had some turbulence on route but with all your family and friends and your amazing attitude you have made it back to your home hangar.
Uncle Dave