Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Twenty Five Years...

Last night I had dinner and a visit with three of my closest girlfriends. We met at Wilfrid Laurier University in the fall of 1986 when we were on the same floor in residence in first year. That means we have been friends for (almost) twenty five years. It's like we're Oprah...

I'm not sure what kind of scrapbooker I am, since we didn't even take a picture. I'm still bummed thinking about that this morning.

Anyway, it was wonderful to sit at a table with girls I have known for more than half my life, and feel completely at ease. The four of us don't get together very often as a group, although we do keep in touch regularly...and a couple of us get together here or there throughout the year...just as a group of four we don't seem to connect that often. I guess it's hard as we get older and life gets busy.

What's awesome is that the friendship is always there and when we get together once a year (or however frequently we can manage it), it's as easy as if we just saw each other the week before.

I can't help but reflect on the 18/19 year olds we were in the fall of 1986...and the road we have experienced together in the past 25 years...graduating, bowling, drinking beer, travelling, weddings, children, family, cancer, partners and oh so much more. I'm so grateful for you girls. I'm so grateful for our friendship. And I'm so looking forward to the next 25 years...

Happy trails, Hoop! Keep in touch and know we love you!!

xoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Grace said...

Geez, you made me cry! I treasure our friendship so much! Thanks for the last 25 years, and here's to the next! xoxo
Grace