Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Tree is Trimmed...



I am very excited to have our tree trimmed! Lauren came home from York University for a few days on Monday (she has one more exam to write on Friday) and so I took the opportunity when we were all home on Monday after dinner to decorate the tree. Doesn't it look fabulous! I will admit that Lauren did most of the work - she had a specific plan in mind, although I'm pretty sure we didn't do a very good job of following her lead...

I hope to finish my Christmas shopping today. I have just a little bit left to do, and than a bit of wrapping to do and I'm done!

I have been participating in a study with the University of Waterloo in the last week or so. I had an interview that took about an hour and a half one day last week. They just asked me questions about my chemo treatments and how I reacted and how it affected my eating habits. They are trying to get a feel for the similarities between all cancer patients (because every person's experience is truly different). From Sunday to Tuesday, I had to track everything I ate throughout the day, and provide measurements for everything. It was kind of like being on Weight Watchers again!! Today they picked up my food journal and gave me a thank you gift (a nice bracelet and a little bit of cash - hello Starbucks!!). They are going to assess my journal and than provide me with information on what nutrients I may be short on...I'm very interested to get this report back. They are also going to provide me with a copy of the whole study when it's done. I'm very curious to see where I fit with the other cancer patients!

I seem to be a little tired this week...so trying to get loads of rest and relax as much as possible!!! Six days and counting to surgery...

xoxoxoxoxoxo


1 comment:

jenn said...

the tree looks FABULOUS!!!!