Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree...

I know...it's been a whole week with no updates! I have no excuses...just taking a short break from blogging I guess!!

My exciting news of the week is that we went hunting for a Christmas tree on Sunday and found a really good one!! I thought I'd share some pics from our adventure.


This is the hunting part...got to find the best one out there!! Eagle Eyes Alex is looking and looking and looking...


Got one! Quick change of coats between Dad & Alex so Alex can get down on the ground and start sawing...


TIMBER!!!


The sweet smile of success!! We got one!!


Coats changed back to the rightful owners and we're off to put it in the truck...have you noticed who's doing all the work here! Good thing we have Alex!!


We have set up the tree in the living room and it is awesome! A nice big even tree (for the most part). No decorations on it yet...we're waiting for the help to return and join us in the decorating of the tree!! I have managed to get some Christmas decorations out this week. Not too many...but a few to add some holiday cheer for sure!!

A couple of big thank yous to send out today...

To my glass girls for the beautiful bracelet they gave me. It's from a company called 'You've Got Balls'. I'm thinking that it's probably self explanatory...and if you click on the link you can see what the bracelet looks like! It's to give me some added courage while I work through the rest of my treatment and than I can pass it along when someone else is going through something and needs some "balls"...very funny and I love it!! Not sure I want to share it though...

Thanks to Michelle (and Patti too!!) for giving me some time on Saturday and helping me out with some Christmas stuff. I can't tell you girls how much help that was to me!!! Thank you!!

Yesterday my friend Kelly came with me to the Nu Me Boutique. It's a shop that specializes in mastectomy related products and came recommended to me by my surgeon. It's a great little shop and the lady there was so very helpful. I also met a lovely girl (I can say girl because she's my age...) who has recently been diagnosed and decided to stop in at the same time that we were there. Elena, it was great to meet you and to learn about special bras and prosthetics with you! I wish you all the best on your journey ahead. You can do it!!

Thanks Kelly for coming with me!! I did get a post-surgery bra/camisole that will help me keep things in place without being too restrictive (and it's very very soft). It even has little pouches for my drainage tubes...cool (if something like that can be cool!!). It comes with a little soft falsie to insert where my missing boob used to be (it's not missing yet but will be gone in two weeks). It's a nice soft pillowy type thing...much lighter than the future prosthetic I'll be looking into. While we did get to check out a couple of different prosthetics yesterday (did you know there are different ones for regular day use, swimming and working out??), I won't be purchasing one until after surgery is done. They are quite life like, kind of freaky in a way. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted on when I get one and what I decide I need!!

I've had two fun social nights in a row - a little gathering at Amber's and a little 'Festive Special' with Kim last night!! See...I really do have a bit more energy!! So nice to get out and feel like part of the world again, if only for a couple of hours!! I missed my work Christmas party this past weekend, as well as a Christmas party for Matt's work...yes, that would be the stinky part about trying to stay healthy...still trying to keep my crowd exposure to a minimum!!!

I actually have a "busy" week (for me that is) ahead. A little Christmas shopping...some baking for a cookie exchange...dinner with the "non" bookclub girls...fitness...reflexology...maybe a few naps here and there!! It's all good!!

xoxoxxoxoxo

4 comments:

Leanne said...

It's ok to take a little blogging break once in a while...I am exhausted with all the preparations going on around here. Monday I will have a GINORMOUS NAP...naps are wonderful...enjoy many Sue!
Take it easy and let the elves to all the big jobs. xo

Kelly said...

Wow, you've had a busy week.
Great job photographing the tree hunt!
Sounds like an interesting shopping trip, I had no idea there were so many different options :)

Take care as you get ready for your surgery!

jenn said...

hehe Love the tree pics! Rock!!! We'll see you later today! xo

elena said...

It was great meeting you to0! My husband Rick was quite impressed with the new post op bra and we had a good laugh over our hot tub comments about "wringing out our boob". I love this blog idea! I went for the same tests this week (actually this is my second time since its my second surgery)- the technicians are so nice there- the one woman gave me a hug :)
Thanks for the tips, will talk to my doctor about them on Monday.
Look for me at the Cancer center!!!