Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Well...here I sit on Christmas Eve thinking I'd like to update all of you on how I've been doing the last few days. The nurse has come twice (on Wednesday and again today). So far I'm doing pretty good. I'm tender and a little sore and tired (same old!!!). Today was a rough day, I suffered a lot of nausea earlier today and slept a ton...but by mid-afternoon I was starting to feel better and now I feel pretty good.

I have exercises I do a few times a day, to make sure I'm using my left arm and to stretch out the muscles. The back of my left arm is pretty numb...I'm curious to ask the surgeon when I see him next what he was doing to make my arm numb...maybe digging around in there??

The drains are still in...too much fluid to take them out yet. Maybe Monday when the nurse comes back...

I've gone for a short walk every day since surgery. The fresh air feels awesome! I'm taking Extra Strength Tylenol for the pain...and I don't seem to need much. Before I go to bed, and again mid-day seems to be enough. I do have a prescription for Percocet, but I'm not interested in the side effects that come with it (i.e. constipation) so I've decided Tylenol will do just fine!!

I have somehow managed to catch a cold - I think it happened while I was at the hospital for surgery - figures that I'd catch a cold when I went to the hospital. It's been a pain in the butt the last couple of days, and so frustrating when I worked so hard to stay healthy.

I have been overwhelmed with the deliveries that have found their way to me over the last few days. Flowers, treats, gifts, fruit...it's truly overwhelming! Thank you!!

To all of you who continue to give me so much love and support, I wish you a wonderful Christmas! It is a great time for me to reflect on how blessed I am...and I wish you all the same.

With love always!

xoxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Tracey said...

So glad you are doing well Sue!! I hope that you continue to recover and are back to your life before you know it.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all the very best to you for 2011! A year filled with happiness, love and health!! xx

Elena said...

HiSue
so glad that you are doing well... my arm was sore as well, it's from all that digging around and the nerves being cut (at least that is what they told me from the first surgery). I am sorry to hear about the cold, I have been going through the same thing and it is more frustrating than recovering from the surgery-like you said -we work so hard at staying healthy! It is getting better and yours will as well. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!! Be good to yourself- it's a perfect day for going for a walk, the sun is shining brightly!