On July 19, 2010, Matt & I went to an appointment with my surgeon to get the official news...I had breast cancer. One year ago today! Man! What a year it has been! Some days it feels like so much longer than one year, and other days it feels like a whole year couldn't possibly have passed by!
I had a three month check up today and got a glowing report card! I'm doing good! I expressed my frustration at the lingering fatigue and this darn brain of mine that seems to be taking it's sweet time getting back to normal. My oncology nurse gave me trouble! She told me I need to stop being so hard on myself and recognize that my body is still healing from the "war" it fought this past year. I finished my active treatments about four months ago...four months ago! I know some of you will understand why I'm frustrated...and yet I really do understand that my body is still healing and that we all heal at different rates!
I am proud of myself. I think I did a great job getting through the past year! I couldn't have done it without my personal coach/nurse/caretaker, Matt! How I ever got so lucky to have this incredible man in my life, who not only got me through the past year, but continues to love and support me every day...somewhere, somehow, I did something good!!
And of course, I couldn't have done it without all of you! Thank you for the love. Thank you for the prayers. Thank you for the positive energy you continue to send my way. Thank you for the treats, the teas, the visits, the emails, the hugs, the books, the laughs, the smiles....
Thank you for being there for me. I'm one lucky, lucky girl.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
4 comments:
baby steps towards a complete recovery! what a year! thanks for sharing your story. i'm so happy for you... xoxo
You are a lucky girl and we are all lucky to know such a great person :)
Oh I am so proud of you!!! What an anniversary to have. From one who is still going through all of this I look forward to my one year milestone to say that I am finished as well and can look with pride, as you have, at the fabulous job you have done. And don't be hard on yourself...You will heal and it will all come...
You have always been there for everyone else....there was no other place to be, when you needed us!!!!
I LOVE YOU
Post a Comment