On Tuesday Matt and Alex left for their European adventure. They’re off to Rome, Berlin & Munich. Lucky ducks. And so begins my house-sitting duties!! I am enjoying the backyard and the beautiful lilies that are all of a sudden in full bloom out the front! I am so glad I can sit on the patio and enjoy this beautiful weather we are having!!
| A little bit of sunshine off the front porch! |
Earlier this week I got to have dinner with my beautiful niece, Alyssa. She just graduated from Grade 8 and was her glass valedictorian. I’m so proud of her! She brought her speech with her so I could read it, her amazing report card for my review, along with all the awards she won! I think this brainiac takes after her Auntie Sue!! I’m very proud of you, Alyssa!! Way to go!!
| How cute is she?? Good luck with your skating this summer at Mariposa, Alyssa!! |
| It was great to see Alyssa’s Mom (my step-sister Maureen) as well. Even the parental units joined in on the fun…sorry, no photo op for them!! |
“Sue, I have read your blogs with great interest and I have laughed, I have cried, I have prayed, I have empathized as best I could, I have wondered, and I have marveled.
I have marveled at your skill at writing. I have wondered how you found the courage and strength to do so. You must have plumbed the very depths of your soul to summon the bravery to lay bare your life for all of us to see.
I have also admired your spirit in facing, fighting and conquering, the Demon.
I am so very happy to see you looking so well and I am jealous of the hair.
You TIGER."
It's emails like that that make me believe I can do anything!! Thanks Uncle Willoughby…and all of Matt’s family for all the loving!! It is such an honour to be a part of your loving clan!!
Speaking about the past year, today I had my first annual mammogram. It is actually one year ago today that I went for what I thought was going to be the aspiration of a cyst…and instead had an ultra sound, followed by a mammogram, followed by a biopsy. I was a little emotional at my mammogram today thinking about the radiologist who had such a frank discussion with Matt & I that day, and gave us such a great heads up about what she believed she had found. It’s been quite a year!! The mammogram today was easy peasy. It didn’t hurt at all…either side! Uncomfortable yes, but no pain. I was really worried about how much it was going to hurt, and how the heck they could possibly mammogram my left side. They are simply the best at the Freeport Breast Clinic.
I thank all of you for your love and support, the positive energy and gifts of friendship that have come my way over the past year, and continue to find their way to me. It has been a reflective day for me and I am positively full of gratitude. My people rock!!
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo
1 comment:
You've come a long way baby! ;) So proud of you! Your positive attitude, your out look, freaking amazing darling! Love you so much! Still sending love and light your way! xoxoxo
Post a Comment