Tomorrow I'm hopping on the train to go visit my Mom in Trenton. Her curling club is hosting a "Curl for Cancer" event on Wednesday so I'm going to lend a hand (or at least sit at a table and look helpful). This is the second year my Mom's club has hosted this event. Two years ago they raised somewhere around $20,000, so I'm excited to see how they make out this week!
I have become the worst picture taker in the world...not sure if I can really blame it on my camera (although I suspect it is not helping me much). Last week I went to Cookstown for the day to visit with my Dad. We had the BEST day!! We got a great visit in and had lunch with my Aunt Janet and Uncle Peter in Mansfield. It was so much fun! And after lunch we went to Holly Park (the beautiful piece of property my cousin's cottage is on) to check out the addition they have been so busily working on. It's awesome - bright and beautiful. I can't wait to see it all done. I took, what I thought was going to be, a fantastic picture of my Dad with Aunt Janet and Uncle Peter. Today when I loaded it onto the laptop to post it on the blog I realized it was blurry and fuzzy. So bummed. I guess I'll just have to go back another day to take the photo again!!
I do have a picture I want to post of some pretty great neighbours who stopped in for a drink (or two) on Saturday night. Matt lives on a GREAT street and all the neighbours were so supportive and positive for my journey. Some of them came by on Saturday to celebrate the end of treatments with me!
Somehow Melinda got cut out of the picture (sorry about that Melinda). And, somehow, I didn't have the flash turned on so it's a little dark in the back...see, I suck at the photo thing!! Thank you ALL the Foxhill neighbours who have been so kind and generous...if I didn't see you on Saturday, we will be connecting very soon!
I also want to give a shout out to my non-bookclub girls. You remember the girls who made me the beautiful quilt??!! We had dinner together last week and they presented me with a new charm for my Pandora bracelet to commemorate the end of my treatments. It's a lovely charm with little medallions dangling from it with daisies. I love it! And am happy to say it's on my wrist right now!!
So, I'm signing off and preparing for my journey tomorrow...well, after having dinner tonight with some awesome girlfriends and cheering on the Rangers...Game 7 tonight!! Go Rangers Go!!
xoxoxoxoxoxxo
1 comment:
Where the heck was I when this picture was being taken?!! I remember being in the room and people encouraging the group to say "cheese". This just cements my rep as a woman of mystery.
Post a Comment