Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Finished a Novel!!!

I'm so thrilled and excited to announce that I finished a novel! My first one in almost nine months! I've been reading many magazines (and loving them) and even got into a few books with short stories...but I have been wanting to read a novel and am so happy to report that I did it!!
As most of you know (or can guess), I am an avid reader and love a good book! One of the worst parts about chemo for me was losing my attention span and ability to concentrate...and having no desire to open a book (or follow it for long if I did).

I found a new author at Chapters a couple of months ago and bought three of her books (on sale) with the hope that I would be able to jump in and enjoy them soon. With finishing the first novel by Kate Atkinson, I'm onto the second one (One Good Turn). They're a pretty easy read, set in the UK. They tell the story of Brodie Jackson, a retired police inspector who somehow gets involved in several cases that seem to somehow all interconnect. I enjoyed the first one (Case Histories) and am looking forward to the next read!

I do have to admit it took me longer than normal to finish Case Histories, and since it has many characters and story lines, I was flipping back to earlier parts of the book to remind myself who the character was and how they fit in...but I know as my chemo brain continues to get better, I'll get better at the retention part too!!

Feels good to be on the road to normal!! xoxoxoxoxox

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's awesome news! I've been trying to drag myself away from the computer to read more. I'll have to add this one to my reading list, it sounds interesting :)