Mom, Jane & I after a long day!! Boy these ladies worked hard!!
It must feel great to see all their hard work come to fruition!!
I am so glad I took the train. It was so easy and coming home on Thursday I was very very tired! It was great to just sit back and enjoy the ride (translation: sleep all the way home).
This past weekend was Scrapfest at The Aud. If you are a scrapbooker or a cardmaker, or just someone who likes playing with paper, ink and paints, you really need to check out Scrapfest! I was helping my friend Karen out with her booth The Art House Studio for a few hours each day. It was a lot of fun and crazy busy!! And it’s taken me a few days to feel like myself again! So worth it!!
Today I had my first follow up with the nurse oncologist. It was a really great appointment and the good news is, I’m doing well! I had some concerns going into the appointment because my knees and hips (and, ok, my whole legs) have been quite achy. I was worried what that might be from, but the word today is that it’s still side effects from the Taxol (one of the chemo drugs I was on). And I can expect the side effects to last a good year. Stinks…but makes me feel pretty good at the same time! I also asked about the damn buzzing in my right ear that has been driving me crazy. The nurse confirmed this could also be a side effect from the chemo, or maybe since I had it before (a couple of years ago) it’s a recurrence brought on from the trauma my body has experienced over the past eight/nine months. Either way the reflexology I had today did provide some relief (thanks Jenn!).
Tomorrow I’m meeting with the surgeon so he can admire how well I’ve healed from my surgery!! Here’s hoping he’s as impressed as I am!!
I am loving the sun shining down on me. It’s amazing to feel that warmth and feel drawn to be outside again! Bring on the summer!!!
xoxoxoxoox
No comments:
Post a Comment