So today I had an appointment to see Dr. Rachakonda after my radiation treatment. It's a pretty simple appointment...he asks how I'm doing and if I have any questions. He took a look and confirmed that so far I don't have anything to cause any concern. My skin is starting to get a little darker - kind of like a sun tan.
I took the opportunity today to ask Dr. Rachakonda why I had so many x-rays last week. The answer is as I suspected. They want to make sure I am in the exact right position for my treatments. Since they had to make a minor adjustment last week, they took x-rays the next two days just to double check. All is good!!
Today there were no x-rays and my treatment went really quick.
I did want to tell you about a very nice lady I met last week while waiting for my treatment. Last week we just said hello, but today we got the chance to chat for a few minutes and she told me her story. I thought I'd take the opportunity to share it with all of you. She lives on a farm and one day last spring she could see a storm was coming in, big black clouds were approaching. She went out to round up some people who were horse back riding, and as she was hollering at them that a storm was coming and they should come in, she was hit by lightning! Her crocs melted to her feet and she was knocked unconscious. Emergency crews were called and she woke up as they were entering the hospital. She was fine, except for a black burn in her mouth. When the doctor came to talk to her and her family to let them know she was going to be fine, he mentioned the large tumour in her lung. She had no idea she had a tumour in her lung, and by all accounts if she had not been hit by lightning, would not have known about it and would not have been treated for her cancer. She said she would not have lived very long. This lady, full of life and busy knitting away at a mitt, is thankful that she was hit by lightning. And who wouldn't be...it saved her life! Today she is battling her lung cancer for the second time and says this time she is going to beat it!! My money's on her!!
They say God whispers when he needs to tell you something...and I guess if you're not listening He'll find a way to get your attention!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox
4 comments:
Thought I should say hello. I have been following your journey and love to hear your stories. Glad to hear you are feeling stronger. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the updates Sue. OMG, Dave is 40?? Geez, where did the last 20 years go?
Glad you got the x-ray question resolved and hope future sessions are equally easy-peasy.
Keep up with the recovery, and I'll be by to see you soon!
Love you & miss you!
Grace
Hi Sue,
I just loved that lady's story about the good fortune of being hit by lightening. Talk about glass half full! May I also say that it is a joy to read your Blog and have 24/24 ability to tune into it for a sweet injection of positivity and down to earth reminders about life. If only all Blogs could be so strengthening! Love ya guts always, Heather Barker xo
So the moral of the story is, if you hear a whisper, do something! Because God's going to bring out the big guns if you don't!
Thanks for sharing, Sue.
Post a Comment