But after a few days I start to think “I should really update my blog”. Then the pressure is on…what I should write about…my life is really kinda boring these days…just back and forth to GRRCC . So, I save it all up and then I figure I have an interesting (and I guess kind of long) blog entry!
Last Tuesday, we went to the Ranger game. It was a group of five – me, Matt, Karen, Rob and Stephanie. Stephanie, who was experiencing contractions during the game (with the baby’s due date a week away), had me nervous. She was timing her contractions and recording them on her blackberry – five minutes apart! Holy crap! Are you sure you want the possibility of your water breaking at the Aud??!! She was brave and you would never guess this was her first! She was not panicking at all…just enjoying the game between contractions. Rob and Stephanie left near the end of the second period, and weren’t sure if they were going home or to the hospital. They went home, and welcomed Baby Paige on Friday. I can’t wait to meet her!! Congratulations Steph & Rob!!
So, my radiation therapy is coming along quite nicely. It’s still easy peasy and I still have no side effects (other than a little fatigue). I did learn more about what an exact science radiation is. I am supposed to have an x-ray once a week. It’s not a diagnostic x-ray, it’s to make sure they are beaming me in the right place. So, as it turned out last week, I think I had an x-ray every day but Monday. When I went to treatment on Wednesday, they told me the x-ray they had taken on Tuesday showed they had to make a minor adjustment (we’re talking millimeters). Sounded fine to me. They made the adjustment and took another x-ray. On Thursday, they took another x-ray to make sure everything was good with the adjustment from Wednesday and than on Friday they took another x-ray. Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr. Rachakonda, and I want to ask him why I needed so many x-rays!
Since my energy has been better, I seem to want to get out into the world more and as a result, have had some great visits with friends I haven’t been able to spend much time with over the last few months. I am loving feeling more normal and getting out into the world! This is so much better than being home bound. However, I forgot to listen to my body, and I crashed on Friday. I was feeling a little tired and headache-y on Thursday and still I didn’t listen…so Friday I crashed. I felt terrible. Bad head, body aching, nauseous and weak. I had to skip fitness, lunch with my friend Firmina and a night out with the neighbours. I even almost skipped radiation. Since I hadn’t thrown up for a few hours, Matt drove me to radiation and I still had my treatment. They said to come as long as I could get myself there…so I’m happy I did. I had a good sleep on Friday and even had a bit to eat for dinner on Friday night. I’m so glad I did.
On Saturday we went to the celebration of a good friend’s father (who had passed away a week or so before) and then on to my baby brother’s 40th birthday party. Surely wee Davey isn’t 40!!
Here are a couple of photos from the celebration. Love you Dave. Welcome to the next decade!!
I want to send out some big good luck vibes to my friend Chris McGonigle…who is playing some serious playoff hockey right now and kicking it!! Good luck with the big game tomorrow, Chris. We are cheering you on from K-W!!
And since it’s the day for love tomorrow…know that I am sending tons out to all of you!! I wish you all a very Happy Valentine’s Day!! I know I’ll be loving up my Valentine here at home!!
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
3 comments:
Look at all that HAIR!! lol...love to see the family! xo
thank you for sharing this.
love from holland
The kid is forty??? now I do feel old.
Hi Sue, Check on you every day and I like what's happening, Pulling the trailer to Arizona leaving tomorrow will still be watching your progress.
Love Uncle Dave
Post a Comment