So, yesterday I had my fifth radiation treatment! That means I only have twenty treatments to go! So far it's pretty easy. No skin irritation yet, just a little fatigue (not sure if that's from the radiation yet, or just an accumulation of everything...)
I met with Dr. Rachakonda (my Radiation Oncologist) and his lovely nurse, Linda. She is such a lovely lady and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy!! I saw them just before my treatment and it was a pretty quick visit! Since I don't have any irritation yet, they were just checking in to see how it was going and if I had any questions. I will see Dr. Rachakonda once a week during my treatments.
On Friday when I was at the GRRCC waiting for radiation, I was sitting next to a lady who had also started her treatments last week. She asked me if I was staying at the Lodge. I had no idea what she was talking about and apparently it showed in my face because before I could say anything she asked me if I was local. I nodded and said I lived in Waterloo. She went on to tell me she lives in Meaford, so stays the week in Kitchener (at the Lodge) for her treatments, and then goes home for the weekend. The Lodge is located across the street from the hospital and provides a place for out of town patients/family to stay. While I am very happy Grand River Hospital has this facility, the conversation with this lady made me feel so truly grateful that home for me is a short ten-fifteen minute drive.
I have to give a BIG shout out to my main man, Matt! He ran in a 5 km race on Sunday and came in FIRST in his age category, and 11th overall!! So proud of you, Babe!!
Not too much else going on right now. Enjoying fitness (yes...those words were uttered out of my mouth) and continuing to increase my weights (and very excited to be lifting weights with my left arm)!! I am off to the Ranger game tonight with some girlfriends...can't wait to sit in the good seats and cheer away!!
Wishing you all a beautiful day!
xoxoxoxoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment