Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Radiation Oncologist Appointment - Check!

This morning Matt and I met with my Radiation Oncologist, Dr. Rachakonda and his lovely nurse, Linda. They were very helpful and provided us with more information about breast cancer and the journey I have ahead. I will not have radiation until after I have chemotherapy and surgery...so we left the appointment today with a "See you in 5-6 months!". It seems a little strange to think you set things up now for 5-6 months down the road, but I am a planner so this works for me!! Yes, us left brained people like to know the scoop (see all my scrapbooking friends, there are some advantages to being a left brainer!!)

The Grand River Cancer Centre has a plethora of information and services! Today they set me up with online access (so I can see my coming itinerary and what services they have available to me). They also offer several information sessions to help you through the coming unknown in a variety of subjects (from an intro to chemo to handling fatigue to looking good). I know some of these sessions will be very helpful and I'm again feeling so grateful that we have such a great facility right here in our own backyard.

Some good news today...it looks like the bone scan came back clean! Wahoo! I should get the results of my other tests on Tuesday when I meet with Dr. Califaretti. I'm also expecting to have an idea of the treatment plan after this meeting on Tuesday. At this point, it does look like chemo first, then surgery. I have no preference...just ready to get started.

I've been feeling a little sleepy this afternoon. I didn't sleep the greatest last night - probably a little anxious about the appointment today with Dr. Rachakonda. Thank goodness I'm a napper!! No problem curling up on the couch this afternoon for a nap with CSI on the TV (it's ok...I think I've seen them all anyway...).

I'm looking forward to seeing some of my favourite people tomorrow...and to take on some more loving!! I'd love to hear about what you are up to, so feel free to touch base and fill me in!!

Have a great long weekend everyone. Be safe and happy and enjoy feeling the sunshine on your face!!

xoxoxo

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue, I could not be happier to hear that your bone scan is clean!!! A huge WAHOO!!! Thank you so very much for taking the time to update your blog so quickly, you have been in my thoughts this morning. Enjoy your nap but mainly this weekend and take in all this wonderful love coming your way, you so much deserve it!

Jodi said...

So glad to hear your scan was clean. Thinking about you all day. Call me for "Chai" if you're up for it.

Craig said...

Just saw J's comment and I'm curious just how many folks get to have dirty scans. That might be fun if the nurse happens to be a looker!

Unknown said...

yahoo a clear bone scan. That is good news for sure. I think I figured out with whole google account thing, reset the password and hope I am off to the races. Enjoy your weekend and good thoughts for Tues. coming your way!! xoxoxo

Sonia said...

Yeah...I'm SO VERY HAPPY to hear the great news regarding the scan. Every part of my body was crossed -hoping for negative results.
Always in my thoughts - be strong.

Carolyn B said...

Sue, I am so happy to hear that your scan was clean! Your attitude and strength are such an inspiration. Take care and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.