Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I've been MUGA'd!

So, today I had to go for a MUGA scan. Back to nuclear medicine at GRH (Grand River Hospital) to have some more radioactive material injected. Wait for fifteen minutes and than have some blood drawn. I had a little wee IV in my arm so they could just keep going in and out. How nice for them!! And I guess for me too since it meant I only got poked once! Once they drew the blood, I waited another ten minutes and then they were ready to do the scan. I went back to the same machine where I had my skeletal scan on Friday, and now the camera was interested in taking pictures of my heart. My understanding of the purpose of this scan is to determine whether my heart will be able to handle the treatment (i.e. chemo). Listen, I'm pretty sure my heart can handle anything, so I'm thinking this would have been a whole lot easier if someone would have just asked me the question!!

The whole thing took less than an hour and a half. Sweet. And the worse part was when the lovely lady (her name was Jennifer) ripped the tape off my arm that was holding the wee IV in place. Holy Mother! Under my control, I'd have taken all afternoon to carefully and, oh so slowly, peel that tape off nicely. And painlessly. I figure if that's all I have to complain about so far, I'm doing pretty good!!

I've added a new section to the right listing my upcoming appointments. I have had many inquiries, so I thought I'd just put it here in case you were wondering.

I'm also trying to figure out how to send out email notifications to those that might want them when I have an update/new post. This does not seem to be an easy thing to do, unless you choose to be a "Follower" (also to the right). I'll keep working on this, but in the mean time, feel free to check back frequently. My hope is I'll have something to say every day ... or every other day. (No comments from the peanut gallery required).

I continue to feel strong and optimistic and a little anxious to get these tests done and the treatment (whatever it may be) started. Remind me I said this in a few months when I'm cursing the treatment, OK!!

Thank you to everyone for the amazing outpouring of support and love. I am basking in it all and feeling it right down to my toes!!

xoxox

4 comments:

jenn said...

You are a fantastic woman do you know that. ;) Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Sending love...

Kelly said...

I can sooooooo picture how you'd be slowly taking all afternoon to gently rip of the tape...that made me chuckle!

Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

You truly are an amazing woman Sue! I am very grateful that I have met you, I like surrounding myself with strong, positive, loving people. Thanks for sharing.

Love always

strucky said...

Yep, I agree with Kelly. I remember when I was a kid (we did have Band Aids back then, you know)there were no Band Aids for this kid. Everyone thought I was a tough guy. What they didn't know was I would rather go without than suffer the pain of having to peal the darn things off.I'm pretty sure I used to wait until they fell off. Man that use to hurt! What am I saying, it still does and I still do the same thing. I don't understand it? If we can put a man on the moon why can't we make an adesive bandage that doesn't hurt when you pull it off!