Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Skeletal Scan!!

So, on Friday I went for my first test. Besides some lab work (i.e. blood), I had some radioactive material injected into me (via a needle into my right arm). We went home, hung out for a couple of hours and than went back to Grand River for a skeletal scan. They scanned my whole body and I could see my skeletan on the screen as it scanned that section of my body. Very cool. I had extra scans done of my skull, ribs and pelvis/hip area.

Matt says I should tell people I had a "Boner". He also felt the need to play "Radioactive" by KISS...he's quite proud that there is a KISS song for every occassion!!

The scan was not scary in any way and it did not hurt. Hazel and Dan were awesome!!

Our understanding of the reason for the scan is to provide a benchmark (for later) and also to detect any cancer cells that may have packed their bags and moved on. Any possible spread will help determine the treatment plan.

I don't know any results...but Matt was wondering what Hazel had to say when she did the skull part and found it empty...

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hi Sue,

Just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you lots. You sound great! Keep the updates coming .... please!

Love,
Steph